New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fantastic choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

After hours of research we decided to stay at the Royal Corin which was not my first choice but it exceeded my expectations! It's a true 5 star with great service, professional and very friendly staff. They had an arrival cocktail waiting for us at the front desk that was yummy! They upgraded us to a corner suite that took our breath away when walking into to room. The bed was one of the best I've ever slept in, which was great after hours of travel. The grounds were beautifully maintained and the thermal pools and swim up bar were fantastic. I truly felt relaxed my first few days in costa rica because of the Royal Corin. They offered a 40% discount that day in the spa so we took full advantage. We booked a couples massage, first it was one of the most beautiful spas I've ever seen. Second the massage was one of my best I have ever received and I work in the service industry myself. The complimentary breakfast was simple
but very good. The coffee amazing, but I wish there was a coffee bar in the lobby. Costa rica has great coffee but it Is hard to come by unlike in the US. We ate one night in the lobby bar and the drinks were awesome but food was ok. One of the pool bar bartenders Erick was very friendly and made great suggestions. The water bottle we bought from the front desk for the room was $7 so that was a bit steep. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great service experience. The hotel is very romantic and I will definitely stay there again when I return to La Fortuna to do all the things we didn't have time to do.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and i stayed here for our honeymoon recently and would 110% come back and stay again! The grounds and amenities are just breathtaking! The views are gorgeous, the pool and spa are more than we could have imagined! It's a 5 Star hotel!! The hotel is a very modern and everything is open!The rooms all have balconies that overlook the pool and volcano - there is no ''bad'' room. The bathrooms are even beautifully done - with granite counter tops and a rain shower! When you step outside your door, it's all open and overlooks the beautiful rolling hills of La Fortuna! There is a wonderful complimentary breakfast every morning and it won't disappoint :) Happy hour is 7 days a week on the 5th floor and its buy 1 get 1! Great drinks and beautiful views at all time! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel! Can't wait to return!!! =)

San Jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and I drove to La Fortuna for a weekend getaway, and found our favorite stop was full. Someone recommended Royal Corin and did us a great favor. The place is a 5 star with surpringsingly spacious rooms, very nicely appointed. They gave us a corner suite which was fantastic, but it seems to me all rooms have great views of the Volcano. The in-property thermal pools are smaller than you would find in other places like Baldi or Tabacon, but still nice enough really, so you can forget the need to pay extra somewhere to soak in the delicious thermal waters. We had a very nice time at the hot-water wet-bar. Nice sun chairs and umbrellas. The gardens are very well designed, very smart use of reduced space allows for a feelling of privacy. We only ate there a couple times but the food was very good, I was surprised at the quality & variety of seafood. I would say this is a great stay for couples, for grown-up groups of friends and for a work & fun combo stay. If traveling with families, maybe you're better off at Baldi with the slides and more open space for children.

Room Tip: Lower levels have partically obstructed views of volcano, anything above 3rd floor will be great. Th...
Monteverde, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

A pleasant hotel with an interesting 'water' garden. However the grounds are very small. The restaurant was good (but do amend the opening times in the room brochure to agree with actual times!) A coffee shop would be a good addition. US $7 seemed excessive for a 1.5 litre bottle of water from the bar.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a week in Costa Rica and three nights in Arenal. Royal Corin was the perfect resort location and had amazing views of the volcano. Each room overlooks the pool and hot springs area and they have a great swim up bar. Be sure to check out the happy hour every night with two for one drinks and appetizers. The spa was very nice as well and offered 40% off services which was too good to pass up. Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay there and would definitely go back.

1 Thank Kristin H
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 66 in Arenal Volcano National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,155 reviews

Been to The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK