1,015 results
All reviewshiking trailscentral valleyinfinity poolsan joseprivate jacuzzicosta ricabotanical gardensoverlooking the valleycoffee plantationour honeymoontwinkling lightslarge balconybeautiful groundsrooms are hugemain buildingbefore flying homedogs barking
Reviewed 25 May 2010

What a great place! I found this hotel using Trip Advisor, and I am SO happy I trusted the other reviews!

Our driver was a delight, he picked us up from the Nature Air Airport in San Jose. He was very curtious with plenty of information and great conversation.
Once arriving to the hotel we were welcomed with more smiling faces and fresh squeezed pineapple juice... which was absolutely delicious!

After being shown our room, which was just beautiful... we had another absolutely delicious moment, our lunch! This restaurant has the BEST food!!
Immediately after our lunch, we began to explore the grounds. This was quite an adventure... everything from the pirvate orchid greenhouse, to the farm animals (which were hillarious), waterfalls, pools, orchards, trails... and last but not least the clouds that came right up to our blacony! I had never been in the clouds before, on foot that is... super cool!!

We had a 5pm Spa appointment that was truly out-of-this-world! We booked 1 hour deep tissue massages with a 30 min jacuzzi after. I can speak for both of us... this was the best deep tissue massage either of us have ever had. Serious Deep Tissue.

Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Our Room, the Staff, the Grounds/ Pool, Etc.... everything here was Superior!

We only had 1 night here at Xandari before we had to fly home, but I would most certainly stay here again. What an ending to our vacation!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Upon arriving late at night in San Jose, my boyfriend and I were happily greeted by the very friendly driver of the hotel at the airport. Xandari is 20 minutes away from San Jose airport in Alajuela and is the perfect place to begin your trip to Costa Rica. Each room is unique and colorful, as the hotel is owned by an architect/artist couple. Each room is clean, bright, and surprisingly large. The grounds are lush and beautiful, with tons of hiking trails and GORGEOUS pools around the property. They grow their own fruits, herbs and coffee on this active plantation, and there are adorable farm animals. Flowering trees and blooming pineapples and exotic plants cover the property (which feels miles away from the city and very safe). The food at the restaurant is excellent, the service was great, and we loved each of the staff members we met. We did have to move rooms, though, because a neighboring dog barked like crazy, but the hotel happily accommodated us. They were very helpful setting up a half-day hiking trip to the Poas volcano, which was worth it! We would definitely stay here again and felt very relaxed and happy here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KateUSA628
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Xandari was the perfect indulgence for our last night in Costa Rica. From the first inquiry about rooms to the driver dropping us at the airport, everything about Xandari was excellent! The facility itself is gorgeous -- the bright colors are the epitome of Costa Rica! Our villa was very spacious, with a grand view of the Central Valley. We had an opportunity to walk the grounds to the waterfall, and swim in the new west pool. Dinner at the restaurant was very good, and the complimentary breakfast was delicious as well. We were delighted to take a sustainability tour of the hotel and have the opportunity to plant a tree to further beautify the grounds. We would definitely recommend Xandari!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My Sister travelled with me this trip to Costa Rica, She is a big fan of Top Resorts and Spas and insisted that we visit Xandari. We left Boston early AM and then we were quite delayed in Florida as the NorthEast got hit with heavy rain and winds closing down several airports. The resort stayed in touch with us the entire time as we had spa appointments scheduled for the afternoon. After several delays we arrived at Xandari at 6:00 and decided as the spa was closing to wait till the morning. We arrived at our Suite which was so magnificent, the space, the views and the accommodations were absolutely beautiful. We dined that night at their restaurant which boasts the most magnificent view of the central valley and all of the twinkling lights. The Meal and the Staff were both outstanding. The next morning we awoke to some great birding right from our suite. We took breakfast at the restaurant and then to the Spa which turned out to be one of the most spectacular massages I have ever experienced and I get a lot of massages! Konrad the Spa Director is amazing. I definately recommend taking the 1/2 jacuzzi time after your massage in the most relaxing spa treatment rooms with the same spectacular view of the central valley. We had to leave today to head to Quepos where I have a Sportfishing Business, but just for a few days because we are also visiting the Sister Property Xandari by the Pacific which turns out to be just as spectacular. For all of my clients visiting us in Manuel Antonio I will always recommend that you spend at least one night at Xandari Resort and Spa in Alejuela!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2010

This Hotel is conveniently located near the San Jose Airport but the grounds are so amazing that you feel like you are in a remote resort hotel. It's on a hillside with gorgeous nightime views of Arlajuela from the fabulous open air restaurant and our personal patio. The food is delicious and so reasonable priced. The resort is artistically designed and decorated by the architect/artist owners. The rooms are beautiful and private. We endulged ourselves with deep tissue massages and I've never had better. The hillside grounds have been converted from a coffee plantation to amazing gardens with stone walkways. We took an early mountain hike down the hillside for pictures of the five the waterfalls for some great pictures before breakfast and our trip back home. What a great way to end our vacation!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple