1,023 results
All reviews hiking trails central valley infinity pool ultra villa san jose private jacuzzi costa rica botanical gardens overlooking the valley coffee plantation our honeymoon twinkling lights large balcony beautiful grounds rooms are huge main building before flying home
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 days at Xandari at the end our Costa Rican holiday. The hotel is set on spacious grounds with impeccable landscapes.
We stayed the first night in a standard room which was spacious and were then changed to a superior room which was even more spacious with a breathtakingly large balcony.
Our first room did have have working WiFi and after asking for a change in room we were given a portable router that worked perfectly!
The room was well equipped and extremely clean.
We ate all meals in the Resturant. The food was pricey but well worth it. Each dish was fresh and 85% of their menu comes from their own farms. The restaurant staff were all so kind and accommodating.
Only disappointment was the spa. I went for a head massage my second day. The gentleman at reception was very kind and accommodating. It was a little awkward to have to change into robe in a small locker room without a door and then sit in the lobby in a robe. The masseuse was nice but she asked what type of massage I wanted as we walked to the room and seemed to lose interest half way through my head massage. Not sure if she was sleepy or just distracted. After massage, she said “have a nice evening” and left me to get my robe on. Problem was it was very dark and difficult to find my way back to the locker room.
The locker room sinks and floor were covered with dirty robes and hand towels as there was nowhere to leave dirty items.
Disappointed as I was hoping to have a few more treatments before we left.
Overall (besides spa) the hotel was FANTASTIC!!! We would come back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElizabethAnn68
XGerente, Gerente at Xandari Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Sadly The Xandari has changed beyond recognition in the last twelve months, not sure what's happened but very bad news. The management & staff now seem to think that it is your privilege to be here as opposed to their's for having the benefit of your business & treat you accordingly. Take as much money from you as possible & get rid of you.Totally arrogant & unpleasant, very expensive & not to be recommended to anyone . Rooms nice for sure, environment beautiful but all they want is to provide 'stiff' impersonal & indifferent service & charge a veritable fortune for the experience. Do yourself a favor please & go elsewhere... There are many (many) more luxury hotels in Costa Rica who show appreciation for your business & provide personal service & are genuinely pleased you chose them, not The Xandari which is a complete waste of time. Use one of those & don't waste your money here unless you value arrogance, poor service & high prices

Room Tip: Prepare to be ripped off which ever room you pick, go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018

This hotel was the best, best, best thing we did in Costa Rica. It was beautiful, clean, artistic with great views. The bed was comfortable, the gardens absolutely gorgeous, the staff friendly and helpful. The setting was outstanding. We could not ask for a more romantic or wonderful place to go!

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2018

I was blown away by Xandari from the moment I drove through the front gates until the moment I left. The entire staff at Xandari is exceptional. They are incredibly welcoming and do everything they can to make sure their guests are taken care of and happy. The check in and check out process was smooth and I was walked to my villa after check in. The views from all of the rooms are breathtaking and change every time the weather changes!

The property is very well-maintained. The pool areas were cleaned every morning and I felt like I had the pool by my villa to myself since I only saw one other person in the pool area the entire week while I was there! The paths winding through the property are lovely. The foliage and plant life are vibrant and provide a tranquil and soothing feeling when walking through. The hiking trails are steep in some places, but very well-maintained. The waterfalls on property are stunning! I couldn't wait to go see them and went back a second time to see them again. I walked every path and trail on the property and never felt unsafe or unwelcome there. I only saw one other person on the trails while I was there so I felt like I had the entire rainforest to myself!

The villa I stayed in was Villa #3. It was perfect for my stay. It was incredibly spacious, clean, and very functional. I loved having the sliding doors open to the patio area so I could hear the nature sounds from the property. I awoke every morning at dawn to a rooster crowing on property. The only negative part of the villa was that there was a bird that liked to peck at one of the windows throughout the day. By the end of my stay, it was comical.

The spa was a wonderful experience. I purchased the Day in Paradise package, which includes 6 hours of spa time. The private jalapa was very comfortable and had the same views as the rest of the resort of the Central Valley. I opted for a deep tissue massage, body treatment, and sensitive skin facial. The services were all amazing. I felt so relaxed by the services I fell asleep for a small part of the last one. Dinner or lunch is included in the spa day, and it was wonderful. It was served at the restaurant rather than the spa, and included a drink, appetizer, main course, and dessert. The spa manager was very kind and helped me to determine which services I wanted and what order to schedule them. All I had to do was show up and be pampered!

The food at the restaurant was outstanding! The breakfast alone was phenomenal! The whole wheat bread and homemade strawberry jam was my favorite and I wish I could have taken it home with me! I loved the selection of muffins and homemade granola bars and made sure to take one of each at the end of breakfast for my morning snack! The waitstaff is outstanding, and truly made me feel welcome. They were friendly and quite kind while I tried to speak Spanish at times. They made sure each time I was in the restaurant, I was taken care of. I ate almost all of my meals there and was not ever disappointed!

I have been waiting to come to Xandari since 2012 when I first discovered the hotel. I am so glad I finally came and when I return to Costa Rica, I will come back to Xandari. this place was like a piece of paradise, and just outside of San Jose, making it so convenient for my return travel home. I am blown away by this resort and cannot say enough positive things about it! You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms face the Central Valley and are very private. Villa #3 is situated by itself completely and feels very remote.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I stayed five nights at the lovely Xandari resort ,Costa Rica .The staff were warm and welcoming and always aimed to please .There was a bit of a mix-up with my airport pick up , but it was quickly sorted out and I soon arrived at the resort .My room was large and airy with beautiful views across the valley to San Jose .There was a ceiling fan,which was ample in keeping the room cool , no A/C required .There was also a room safe ,fridge with a few complimentary items ,not the beer or wine , and a coffee machine .The bathroom was also quite large with a walk-in shower and plenty of hot water.The gardens are lush and extensive ,with several traiils ,varying degrees of energy required .I chose this place in the hope of seeing birds and other wildlife and was not disappointed .Breakfast is very tasty with lots of choice and included in the room price.Lunch and Dinner were also very tasty , perhaps a little on the pricey side , but also come with great views .As I mentioned ,every member of staff that I met ,seemed determined to make my stay a good one .I will definitely stay here again ,if I return to this area and would recommend it .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo