All reviewsairport transfersan josewalking distancethe hotel offerslate flightshort stayshuttle servicenear airportrooms are cleanfree shuttleproximityaccommodations
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick overnight stay when our flight arrived late at SJO and we didn’t want to drive. Very helpful, nice staff and the room was fine. The morning breakfast was good, plenty of coffee. The hotel also paid for parking at a local secure lot about a block away.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a short drive from the SJO airport. We stayed in a family room, large and clean, somewhat dated, but overall comfortable. A/C is included in price. Breakfast was very basic. The staff is friendly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ajetamc
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I live in Panama. I had back surgery in US. Very tired upon arrival.
I got a cab. Asked to be taken to a reasonable hotel.
But what happened is this;
The driver doubled charged me.
Then after speaking with the hotel clerk, the clerk 'did the same'.
I know this because the other guests receipts confirmed it.
42,000 colones on my receipt vs $42.00 on theirs. Double to me.
I informed the management that if no satisfaction I would respond in Trip Adviser. Management response was that they do not use Trip adviser.
Not recommended! There are plenty of honest guest houses in Alajuela

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

This was not a fancy hotel, but the people were so helpful. They had great recs for dining in walking distance and seemed to know just what we were looking for. Got us to the bus, helped with phones etc. It is a few minutes from the airport and a great place to stop between Costa Rican adventures.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We stayed a La Guaria for one night after a late flight into San Jose. This is by no means a luxury hotel, but it is safe, comfortable and clean. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was perfect for us and the three kids. The included breakfast was simple but tasty. This hotel reminds me a lot of something you would find in a European city - nicer than a hostel, but not a typical "American" style hotel. The streets are quite noisy with bus traffic and motorcycles, but we had no problems getting a good night sleep there. I would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2017