“George and Alegria B&B are a super find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alajuela
Alegria Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 62 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I stayed at Alegria B&B for three one-night stays at the beginning, middle and end of my Costa Rica adventures....glad I did! George has created almost a home-stay experience - his guest rooms are all comfortable, the common areas offer great spaces to relax and his gardens are lovely. George was quick to communicate when reserving, helpful, informative, interesting to talk with, passionate about Costa Rica, and a great cook - he even packed me a fantastic breakfast when I had a very early flight out one morning! Alegria is in an ideal location, fairly close to the airport and the center of town but tucked away in a quiet residential neighborhood.

Many other reviews recommended staying in Alajuela instead of San Jose, and while I don't have first-hand experience staying in SJ, I'm thrilled I chose Alajuela and Alegria!

Room Tip: I stayed in two rooms, one with a double bed and one with 2 twins-both very comfortable and with acc...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Wonderful, friendly, and comfortable place to stay. Centrally located and near enough to the airport to make for a great 1st few days and last few days of traveling Costa Rica. Breakfast is delicious and the hosts are very warm & friendly!
Loved my stay here, THANK YOU!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

So glad we found this place! After a long travel day it was so nice to have George waiting right at the airport exit for us. It's a nice quiet neighborhood only a few minutes drive from the airport. George was full of advice on how to spend our time in Costa Rica and the breakfast in the morning was amazing. Banana bread was the best of the trip! I would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in to stay at Alegria after flying in to SJO and before heading out to the Osa peninsula the next day. It was a brief stay but George was a very hospitable host, and made us feel right at home! Our breakfast was absolutely amazing and very filling, just what we needed before a long drive. Definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Wonderful and spacious B & B. George the owner will pick you up at the airport and bring you to his B & B. His comfortable and clean home will allow you to rest and gather yourself for your holiday travels. We have stayed here on several trips and always have enjoyed the amenities, including a lovely breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple