“Great sushi and tempura”
Review of Kotoy

Kotoy
Ranked #17 of 237 Restaurants in Alajuela
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and incredible sushi and tempura only a very short walk from the Courtyard by Marriott at the San Jose airport. Inventive rolls, friendly staff and a great experience.

2  Thank MatthewS4819

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Best Japanese food I have had in a long time. I lived in Japan and this place rivals the restaurants there. Food was excellent. Prices reasonable and service excellent as well. located in plaza in front of Courtyard Marriott and near the Airport.

3  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I’m from Canada and I am not really a sushi fan. But a good friend of mine in Costa Rica invited me just to try it because the chef is a Filipino. We have lots of good Filipino chefs in Canada and they are amazing and knowledgeable with it comes to the kitchen.

So, to make the story short we went in a sushi restaurant called KOTOY. We ordered California roll covered with fish roe my friend called it caviar, sashimi, tempura roll, and miso soup. To my astonishment, the taste was amazing, delicious, and mouthwatering combination of sweet and sour sushi rice.

The use of fresh, quality ingredients in the cuisine is unparalleled. It conceptualized based on Japanese ingredients.

The Classic California, Tuna and Salmon rolls came highly recommended, served in 8pcs which will definitely fill you up.

My first time here and I would say I wasn’t disappointed! I wish I have discovered this place before! The food was off the hook with a great flavor, not to mention the good and outstanding service from the entire staff.

I will be coming back with my friends and my family. I do recommend this to everyone! See you again KOTOY, soooooooooon!

Joe Brown

2  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

All dishes were wonderful and tasted great!! I ate so much and couldnt finish. Recommend anyone visiting Costa Rica to stop by and enjoy Kutoys cooking and gret friendship!!~!~

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 6 Stub App Smartphone
2  Thank Kenneth P
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Best sushi in town. Try their Omakase Maguro for appetizer, 40 different rolls to chose. My favorite was Eugenia Special roll. They have 2x1 deal every monday, tuesday and wednesday if you pay cash. What more you can ask for.

1  Thank Elona Y