“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
West Michigan
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here because it was close to the University of Alabama where we took our daughter for a visit. It was a very nice hotel, very clean and the front desk staff were great! We had breakfast one morning in the hotel restaurant and it was very, very good. Cooked to order eggs any way you want them and the bacon was cooked perfectly. My husband raved about the hash browns. It was pricey and the only reason we ate here was because I had a restaurant.com coupon. When I presented the coupon, the manager said that they no longer accept them...I was not a happy camper, as I would have never paid over $35 for breakfast for three people. I was polite about it but "miffed" and the manager did come over and comp our breakfast. My hubby and daugther used the exercise room both days and stated that the equipment was adequate for their needs. We liked the fact that you could get a drink in the hotel in the evening.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FunFamily04
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear FunFamily04

Thank you so much for staying with us in Tuscaloosa, Alabama! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! We pride ourselves on our high standards regarding cleanliness, friendliness, and attention to detail, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are also glad that you enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast. The next time you stay with us, you might be interested in our Bed and Breakfast package, which includes breakfast.

We look very forward to seeing you on your next trip to Tuscaloosa, and cannot wait to serve you again soon.

John Henderson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Although this hotel is not in a particularly attractive part of Tuscaloosa (along the Interstate next to several other chain hotels), it is reasonably close to the University of Alabama (about 10 minutes). What I found especially outstanding was the level of service, at the front desk and in the restaurant-- very friendly and attentive. The breakfast was very good (along the lines of other Hilton Garden Inns) and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear StLouisTraveller,

Thank you for such a thoughtful, pleasent review of your recent Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa visit! I'm glad that you found our staff and service outstanding. We pride ourselves on blowing our guests away with customer service. We look to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I am on a week-long road trip with my family for spring break and stayed 2 nights here at the HGI in Tuscaloosa. I thought it was an excellent stay. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and we were able to walk across the parking lot to an excellent movie theater to catch a film one night and in another direction, to have excellent BBQ another night.

The room was comfortable, though I had the hotel sign glowing out the window so we had to keep the blinds shut. The hot tub is very warm. The fitness room overlooked the pool which I enjoyed. We did not eat at the in-hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that but the breakfast was enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Chris C,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating and our location convenient. It is also a great treat when we get to forward these comments onto our staff to let them know how well they are doing. We take every comment to heart in making each and every stay better! We hope we will have the opportuinty to serve you again in the future. Thank you again!

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I let them off easy last time I reviewed this hotel because I thought maybe they just had a bad night. But, I've now had 2 of the worst meals I've ever eaten at the restaurant in this hotel. The most recent was a pasta dish with vegetables that they served IN THE PASTA WATER. No, it was not a sauce, not a broth, but the pasta water. Terrible. Previously, I had the most horribly over cooked pork chop I've ever consumed.

The first time I stayed, the room was just a typical HGI room. Clean and comfortable. This time, they upgraded me to a suite because of my Hilton status and I really wish they hadn't. REALLY in need of a remodel. In fact, I skipped the shower because it just didn't look clean and fresh.

The staff is always really friendly, though and the lobby is nice. I'd stay again, but in a regular room. I will not, however, eat in the restaurant again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank littleamen
Jackson, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We love this hotel. We have stayed several times and the experience is always the same. We are warmly greeted by the front desk, and our room is roomy, clean, and has every amenity we need. The breakfast is to die for - custom made omelet. The service in the dining area is always top-notch. There are plenty of restaurants in the area for evening meals.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple