All reviews starbucks coffee marriott property nice hotel a great nights sleep bistro food rooms are large timely manner the room was nice within walking distance staff was friendly we've stayed third floor night stay a great stay parking lot up to date stayed one night
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We've stayed in this hotel several times. The service we received from the night staff was not what you would expect at any hotel much less a Marriott. After traveling all day with small children I book a room at this Courtyard on my Marriott app. I am a Gold Elite member and one of the benefits of being Gold Elite is free upgrades when available. We arrived to the hotel around 10:45 pm and the parking lot was almost empty. I told the young lady working the front desk (Monica) that I was Gold Elite and asked her if there were any upgrades available. She told me that I wasn't Gold Elite...I nicely tried to correct her but she wasn't having it and put us in the smallest room possible (at least the smallest Courtyard room I've ever stayed in...room 238).I went to give my children a bath and there was no shampoo only conditioner. I proceeded to make out the sofa bed and there were no linens. I called down to the front desk several time and no one answered. So I loaded up my children and went downstairs. Monica was no where to be found. After waiting in line for someone to help me another young lady who was overwhelmed with customer requests, gave me four pillowcases and one flat sheet. The next morning we went down for breakfast at the Bistro everyone was much friendlier and food was very good. Monica just so you know I am Gold Elite and was only 12 nights away from Gold Elite next year.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Fred W, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear maddsmom00,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Troy and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future. Please contact me at (334) 566-0540 or via email at fred.whiting@marriott.com to further discuss how we may be able to compensate you for this inconvenience and with the hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you and your family. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

As with most Courtyard hotels, this was a clean and comfortable stay. Staff was friendly at check-in. The beds were extremely comfortable. Only there for a quick 1 night stay, but all was great. Only complaint is I wish they still offered free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hello Trent J,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel! Just in case you stay with us again, I want to inform you that we also offer the "Breakfast for a Buck" and "Breakfast Lovers" rate promos, in lieu to the fact that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, which allows you to still have breakfast at an inexpensive price. You should try it out next time, experience our Bistro restaurant, and take a bite of its delicious menu selections along with a great Starbucks coffee. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel on April 6th & 7th. On April 7th around 9:30 am. I kindly ask one of the housekeeping members on the 3rd floor if they would change the lining on our bed. I also ask again upon leaving the room around 10:45 am .My husband had left a generous tip on the bed for the service. When we arrived back to our room that evening we found that the bed had not been serviced. I notified the front desk and the young man bought up clean linen. Upon checking out I spoke with a young lady regarding the issue, she gave me the General Manager # and ask that I reach out to him. I've tried to reach him on left messages, spoke with the sales coordinator i.e. no response for the General Manager. Corporate Marriott should know how clients are being treated at their properties. I stay at Marriott property during most of my travel and any issues I've had has always been addressed at the time or in a timely manner.

Room Tip: Room was quite, we stayed on the 4 th floor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Fred W, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear allen5117,

We thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott as your place to stay while visiting Troy. However, we would like to sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced during your stay. Our hotel staff aims to not only meet, but exceed your expectations and we failed to do so this particular trip. I hope that the compensation I offered was beneficial to you based on the inconvenience and lack of timeliness in regards to getting in contact with you. I just transitioned to the Courtyard as the new General Manager and unfortunately I did not get your messages due to the voicemail not being setup on my behalf. However, this is not an excuse for not responding to you. Please reach out to me if you need assistance in the future. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to hopefully accommodating you again!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I love the look of the rooms and the staff were very friendly and accommodating but I stayed there Wednesday night and woke up with bed bug bites on my feet and legs.

The manager said they took the room apart and couldn’t find anything but my feet and legs disagree.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hello prudencelieux,

I sincerely apologize about what happened during your stay at our hotel. As I stated when we spoke, we thoroughly searched Room 210 after you departed and did not find bed bugs or any signs that any were in the room. Our rooms are sprayed monthly by Ecolab pest control in addition to our maintenance staff in an effort to prevent incidents like this from occurring. I am not sure what could have bitten you, but again I do apologize. Nevertheless, I am glad to that you enjoyed the look of our rooms and our friendly staff. My hope is that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I am from Troy so I stay there often. So far this has been the best hotel and Troy to stay at. I tried several others almost all of them. CHECK in was a breeze. The room was great. The TV I believe is satellite but I had no problems with it at all. And to be honest Troy cable sucks anyway. The room was nice and quiet and everything worked and was clean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hello James T,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as you could have chosen any other hotel in Troy! We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed our accommodations to include our friendly service, clean rooms, and quite location. Our cable is actually with Troy Cable, so I am relieved to hear that you did not have any issue based on your comment. Thanks again and we look forward to having you again!