“Travelers beware”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Talladega
NYC
“Travelers beware”
Reviewed 19 September 2008

It began with a slow drain in the cigarette burned tub. I asked for some Drano to be used to clear it so the water wouldnt fill up. After two weeks nothing was done. The toilet doesnt flush unless you hold down the handle for twenty seconds. Then came the smoke detector which was constantly chirpping. I took it off the wall and left it on the sink with the battery out to be replaced but they just put it back so it chirpped again. The next day a new detectot was installed and it still chirpped because they didnt have any batteries. I took it to the desk to get a new battery and they kept it. No detector was in the room for the rest of the stay. The TV remote only had one battery when I first got the room. I went to the desk for new ones but they gave me old ones that died that evening. I had to get my own batteries to watch TV. I also suspect that they put the used towels back on the rack when they clean because they are just alittle damp when I use them again.
Then came the bell ringer. I came back one day from working to find my door wide open with all my belongings in view. They had painted the doors that day without giving me advanced notice that anyone other than the maid would enter my room. They had hired some cheap no-name unlicensed fly-by-night outfit to do the work and they FORGOT TO CLOSE THE DOOR when they were finished. Who are these people who were in my room with my stuff? I dont know who they were? When the manager was confronted he became semi-hostile and told me he could do anything he wanted and that I signed and agreement to beware of leaving items in my room. No appologies were given. Am I supposed to bring everything with me every time I leave my room??? I asked the mgr for the names and numbers of the owner, the mgr and the contractor used to do the work. He told me to stick it. This place is only in business because of the Talledega race track. They could care less about you, they just want the cash. By the way the Palmetto roaches in the rooms are the size of quarters. Hope your stay will be as nice as mine was!!!!

• Liked — roof didnt leak
  • Disliked — Door left open by undocumented painers when I was out
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Talladega hotels

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talladega
Super 8 Talladega AL
Comfort Inn Lincoln
#1 of 3 in Lincoln
Red Roof Inn & Suites Oxford
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside/Pell City

Been to Budget Inn & Suites Talladega? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK