“The pork bbq sandwich was very good.”
Review of Hancock's Barbeque

Hancock's Barbeque
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Selma
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 March 2016

We stopped in for lunch about 2:00 pm and had trouble finding a place to park. Business was brisk the hold time we were there. The BBQ sandwich I had was very good. My Sons pork plate was also very good.

1  Thank william v

Reviewed 16 December 2015

It is not often that I am disappointed with Trip Advisor recommendations however this is one of those times. Obviously there are. It that many choices for BBQ n the Selma area, or the clientele just don't know what good BBQ looks like. What we got was very fatty, extremely watery, covered in sauce (rather than sauce on the side), and had an underlying taste of being boiled. Basically this was a poor excuse for really good quality BBQ...if that is what you want go elsewhere.

2  Thank PMMarion
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I've been stopping at Hancock's BBQ for longer than a southern lady can admit to. I've eaten in and taken home and it's always mouth watering delicious! Service is friendly and fast and you can't beat their prices. The atmosphere is part of the experience, like the hunting and fishing camps of my childhood. If you don't know where to eat when you visit Selma, you must visit Hancock's.

2  Thank martha j
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

I ordered the rib plate! I was quality and quantity. They were some of the best ribs I have tasted. If I could, I would go once a week lol.

1  Thank Kowanda H
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Hancock BBQ is a great hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Great Southern ladies take your order and serve your meal. The pork BBQ makes your mouth water and begs you to add enough sauce to your personal taste. Add fries or onion rings and cold sweet tea for the perfect meal. All of the odds and ends on the wall, like the 6-ft rattle snake makes for the perfect decode. I love it!

1  Thank utex1969

Been to Hancock's Barbeque? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK