All reviews carbon neutral hotel recycled materials reclaimed wood a garden view room the penthouse great design jing'an district small hotel old french concession rooms are spacious metro station roxette china suitcases tub tiles couch
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived in Shanghai with no reservation after long trip,
I researched a few of Shanghai's upscale hotels on the internet and I found the URBN hotel. Having enjoyed nature, it is just perfect and appropriate for couple of nights.
An incredibly friendly staffs and incredibly designed room; the shower was huge, the bench and bed inside comfortable.
The hotel service & food is outstanding. I love the fresh tea and available for you all day.
Everything was perfect during my stay, thank you very much!

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank ASRM13
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ASRM13:

We were so happy to see your kind words today! Thank you so much! We love that you traveled all the way here to Shanghai without a hotel reservation, found us, and had such a positive experience: from the service to the food and everything in between!

We hope you will return to stay with us again in the future. In the meantime, I hope you will not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you want local color and don't want to stay in a big international hotel, this is the place. Great location. Modern, with Chinese influence. Reasonable price. Excellent breakfast and free happy-hour drinks and snacks. Very good service, but staff a bit challenged in English.

Room Tip: Not worth extra cost of atrium rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Donald F:

Thank you very much for your kind review. Though I am sorry to see that you felt our English skills did not meet your standards, we are pleased that you still received very good service.

I'm especially pleased that. you enjoyed our breakfast and complimentary club lounge benefits (afternoon tea and happy hour snacks and beverages). I am also happy to see that you felt our hotel offered a unique stay experience to our guests!

On behalf of the URBN team, I wish you a wonderful Fall season and hope you will come to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Nice and well located hotel in Jinjan temple area. Just 2 min walking distance from the temple and plenty of malls and shops nearby, worth trying as it has a really nice decor with recycled materials and wood from French Concession buildings. Great options for breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear GL2017b:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're very happy to see that enjoyed our breakfast offerings and that you found the hotel location and design to be to your liking!

We hope you will come again and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

When our taxi pulled up to this hotel, I knew I was going to like it! It’s a great, small boutique hotel, tastefully decorated, with a great courtyard. They’ve used reclaimed wood and bricks in the hotel and it looks great. The location near the Jing’An Temple is fabulous, short walk to shopping, the metro and the French Concession. Our late night check in went smoothly and we were shown to our garden room which overlooked the courtyard. The room is very spacious, plenty of storage and large couch for plenty of seating or napping. Big bathroom and shower, everything was clean, plenty of the usual amenities. Wi-fi worked well in the room. We used the workout room and was able to get in a good workout. We also enjoyed their hearty and yummy breakfast a few times during our stay. The pricing can be confusing. We paid the same price whether we ordered the main course and ate from the small buffet or just ate from the buffet. We weren't told until the end of our stay that our room included the price of one breakfast. We loved the courtyard, very nice space in an hectic city. All the staff members were very helpful and friendly. We look forward to staying here again next time we are in Shanghai.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Bookbat1:

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback! We are all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much, and that you would choose to stay with us again next time you are in the city!

We are particularly happy to see that you felt our breakfast was hearty and delicious, as our restaurant team works very hard to ensure that our menus are changed regularly to suit the season, as well as guest feedback on what types of items they like to eat in the morning!

On behalf of the entire URBN team, I wish you a wonderful last few weeks of summer!

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Small, stylish boutique hotel conveniently located for Jing'An temple/metro and some good bars and restaurants within reasonable walk. Staff were very friendly and moved me to another room when I complained about construction noise. Rooms are very well designed but starting to show their age a little. Internet was fast and reliable.

Restaurant is at the fine-dining end of the spectrum and the à la carte breakfast had a good selection. Free snacks and happy hour in the afternoon. The mix of business and tourist visitors when I was there meant that the mellow ambience in the restaurant was somewhat overwhelmed by loud business people talking work. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mungbeanuk
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Mungbeanuk:

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We're so happy that you felt that we were friendly and helpful, and that the hotel location was convenient. Our aim is to ensure all our guests feel special and accommodated to suit their unique needs.

I am sorry that there was construction during your stay. This is typical in our growing, bustling city, and we are pleased that we were able to move you to a different room away from the outside noise.