“Hipster Chic”

URBN Boutique Shanghai
Ranked #51 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 16 December 2017

I stay one night with breakfast and was very good staying. The room are design and mattress bed are wonderful. The hotel is few years old, and wood is coming to have a vintage look, and this is part of the beauty.
Breakfast in ok. The entrance and restaurant area is very cozy and warm.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Matteo B:

Thank your for your valuable feedback. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked the room design and our custom Cocomat bed mattresses! We believe that giving our guest a cozy, warm, and welcoming atmosphere is just one way we can ensure our guests can have a relaxing and comfortable stay while in Shanghai, and I am very happy to see that you experienced just that!

Happy Holidays from all of us here at the URBN.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

After hours of research, I selected the Urbn Boutique for my first Shanghai visit.
After I was disappointed with my room (alcove, with little natural light) the manager Felix upgraded me to the more expensive garden view room (highly recommend staying in a room with a view, on the 4th floor which is also the top floor of the hotel). Having that kind of service, in a city like Shanghai made me confident I booked the right place. The rooms were clean, the bed was very comfortable and I really liked the hotel toiletries! Nespresso, slippers and robe, plenty of outlets were provided. I liked how convenient the location was to the downtown area of Shanghai, I liked having the option to stop off at the local cafe for coffee, or go next door for a massage. Convenience and luxury are key for me when I travel and the Urbn provided all of this and more. I loved the details and the exterior of the hotel. During tea time (which is included in the price for a garden view room), I was pleasantly surprised to learn that cocktails and drinks from the bar were included for no fee! The barman made me a delicious ginger mojito...which I'm still dreaming of! Most of all, I will never forget the individual service provided by the hotel manager and the concierge. It made my trip to Shanghai a trip to remember. I will come back to stay there again. Thank you so much for the excellent service, and all the concierge help throughout my trip there.

Room Tip: Important to book a garden view room, and I recommend the top floor (4th floor)
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Bracha K:

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback! You have certainly made our entire team's day, particularly our Director of Guest Service, Felix! We at the URBN believe that it is important to surround ourselves with happy people who genuinely love to help others and make each and every stay unique. Felix and his team do their utmost to ensure that our guests can have the perfectly relaxing and luxurious stay, and I am so happy to see that you experienced just that.

I wish you a wonderful holiday season, and we look forward to being able to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

the room where in average condition , they need to be repainted and a lot of the devices did not work .they are not up to a quality hotel standards . the TV needs to have channels that have English like better quality hotels .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear S3154QAandrewm:

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to extend my apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your stay. We have inspected the room in which you stayed, and our Maintenance team will be rectifying the issues you found immediately. I am happy to let you know that we are in the middle of arranging for an addition of English-language channels to our television!

Once again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. I am confident you will find the room to be much improved.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Lovely stay here. Design of the room was amazing with plenty of room to move and the best bed I've ever slept on. Staff were very helpful too with giving us written directions and names of places we wanted to visit in Chinese, which one needs if asking a taxi to take you there. Great bath in the room and good quality selection for breakfast. Perfect ambiance for a relaxed stay for business or pleasure. Never too noisy and amazing open courtyard with beautiful trees makes you feel you are in some kind of sanctuary in this amazing city - pity it was too cold to sit outside but looking onto this was also very calming. Area nearby has great restaurants and boutiques, and we were only 5 mins from metro and French Concession districts - a must.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Virginia M:

What amazing feedback! From all of us here at the URBN, we thank you so much for taking such great care and time to write about your stay and share your experience with us. We are all so pleased to see that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us, and that the staff were helpful to you. We know that Shanghai can be a bit challenging to get around what with the language barrier, and I'm pleased to see that our Front Desk team assisted in you in navigating around the city.

Our outdoor courtyard is indeed a wonderful space, and I feel very fortunate to be able to work in a place where this is even available - it is extremely unique to Shanghai, as there are very few spaces in which one can relax outdoors while surrounded by greenery, peace and quiet.

I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future! Perhaps you may choose to come back sometime in the warmer months so that you may sit outside!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Nice boutique hotel in a great location. Excellent breakfast with quality food. Brilliant idea of free of charge aperitivo. Comfort and facilities need a little improvement. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CACHETHotels_GM, General Manager at URBN Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Davide D:

On behalf of the URBN team, I thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings, as we are continually working to improve and expand them based on the individual tastes of our guests!

I am also happy to see that you enjoyed our Club Lounge benefits, offered to those who choose our Executive Garden View or Penthouse Suite. In the coming months we will move forward with plans to improve and upgrade our services and facilities, and I trust that's should we have the good fortune to welcome you back with us, you would find the experience to have improved even more!