I selected this Citadines serviced appartment by two reasons:
1) The first was my good experience with other Ascott hotels such as Somerset. Just one word: This hotel does not meet the Ascott standards. So, this was quite disapointing.
2) I planned some trips to nearby cities and a quick access to Hongqiao and Shanghai station was imortant. For this the location was absolutely awesome: 5 minutes walk to Peoples Place. From there, you have nonstop access to both train stations, to the maglec station and to Hongqiao Airport.
But let's get into some details:
The rooms are very old, and inside you can smell the fragrance of some mold fungus. The furniture and the carpets are also very old and not very comfortable. The bed is quite hard, but that's common in China. The bathroom is also old and not very clean. The room cleaning service was bad, either. No wiping in the edges of the bathroom (no, it's not fussy from me, I just don't like foreign hairs and accumulations of dust). No Wiwi, but a cable was provided. Anyway, the room was quite enough (for China).
The breakfast: The only reason to book a western hotel in China is to get a western breakfast. Alas! The breakfast was Chinese. So, if you like Mantou, Zhou and all the dinner-style stuff for breakfast. This is the place to stay. But if you looking for western stuff you just have some Chinese cornflakes, and some Kellog's smacks like cereals. The bread stuff was just toast, butter and jam.
The prices for the laundry service is crazy! 23 RMB for a single shirt, in China! Fortunatly, I speak some Chinese and used the laundry service in the same house, which is 60 RMB for one bag.
The price: I booked a one-bed appartment via ctrip for 560 RMB + 50 RMB charge for a second breakfest. This was the cheapest available for this city location. The official price available at their website was about 800 RMB, which is by far to much for this hotel.
Summing up, if you are strongly in need to be close to people's place and do not want spent to much money, this place is okay. Otherwise: Look for a different place. Even a Jinjiang inn or an Ibis is by far better. And cheaper!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Green Court Serviced Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Jinqiao Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Citadines Apart Hotel Jinqiao