“Basic Hotel, Breathtaking view!”

Shanghai Hankar Enterprise Apartments
Shanghai Hankar Enterprise Apartments
Ranked #599 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Mumbai, India
“Basic Hotel, Breathtaking view!”
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The name is "Hankar Executive Apts.". I stayed there with my family (of 7 people) in a 3-bedroom apt. We got to stay on the 23rd floor and the view of Shanghai as well as its Skyline (including OPT & Hilton) was breathtaking. The Hotel room was well designed and Basic. Nothing fancy but good. The bathrooms were very basic but alright if you are just staying for a couple of days. Room service is quick and the staff speaks too the point. The man at the reception, Mr.Sue, was always smiling, but i also did find him a little cold at times. The best part is, the hotel reception will arrange a taxi for you upon request, which will arrive in 5 mins flat, and you have to pay by the taxi meter, so no chance of being cheated. Also, the hotel allows delivery of outside food. A company called "Sherpa's" delivers food across Shanghai from different hotels. Its brochures are available on the hotel reception desk. They are very quick and good. Only drawback: No lunch, breakfast is 15RMB extra (which includes only bread-butter & dumplings).

Room Tip: Higher floor, the better. Dont miss the amazing view of Shanghai. Request a room as high as availabl...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank MansiDM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We booked this serviced apartment six months in advance to make sure we have a place to stay during the Shanghai Expo 2010 period but were offer the worst room of the House - Room 309 on the third level. The receptionist told us it was the only choice.
Amenities in the room were nothing as promised - no computer set (when we used our laptop, the speed is dead slow), no refrigerator, odor in the kitchen and bathroom area and the most unacceptable part is the worn-out bath-mattress in the tube, it's so slippery!
We could easily look into the living area of our neighbors from our room and the noise of traffic was there 24 hours a day.
Though we had reserved the unit for a total of 10 days, we decided to move out after spending the first sleepless night there. At double the price, we checked into the InterContinental in Puxi...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank dingmax
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The correct name of this place is "Hankar Executive Apartments'. I stayed in this apartment between 14 - 18 Sep. 2010. I found this place very good and value for money. The reception gave us early checkin benefit at 7 AM. Front office was very good all the times. Inside the room, you have all the things you may need for a comfortable stay viz. gas, microwave overn, refridegerator, iron pad and iron, computer with free internet connection, basic utensils and regular housekeeping services. Its located in a peaceful and clean area, easily approchable.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Kathmandu Nepal
Reviewed 8 March 2007

I booked standard room via rates to go.com and they charged me a deposit of USD 68.25 and instructed the hotel to charge the balance.

When I reached the hotel on 1st March 07 which was a super cold rainy market, the reception did not see that I was in a bad shape and needed a room instead they started telling me that they don't have the deposit and hence I will have to submit a deposit of RMB 4000 for my stay ...after a little shouting they pulled out the booking email received from ratestogo which also said that a deposit had been taken so I should be charged for the balance...this now seemed to be sorted out , however the reception did not agree to lower the deposit for the reasons best known to them.

I was put in a single bedroom apartment and as the room was excellent - I forgot everything and started unpacking, suddenly the phone rang and the manager told me that the staff had by mistake put me in a wrong room and I needed to change the room...this new room was a super stinky chinese style room which I rejected and after a long negotiation they gave me the same room for RMB 550 or USD 70 per night.

Let me tell you this is a very good comfortable place from where you can reach anywhere in Shanghai for a taxi fare of RMB 20-50.

After 7 days when I wanted to check out at 6am , the same story started and they wanted the full amount...the guy at the reception Mr Xiexang understood but the lady manager who was on her mobile wanted the full amount --when I told them that I will not pay double and they will be taken to court then they agreed to
deduct USD 65 ( still 3.25 short) which I had to agree as I was getting late for the airport.

Other examples of their cheating or petty chinese style thinking are:

a) Charging a RMB 20 deposit for the umbrella
b) RMB 30 for using the safety deposit box
c) Charging RMB 50 for the hotel bus for a distance for which taxi would charge RMB 20...

the restaurant is basic so don't count on it for dinner.

In short be prepaired for a little trouble , otherwise this hotel is good.

also if you contact the hotel directly you will get a cheaper rate.

they don't change dollars.

Stayed March 2007