We had 3 bedroom apartment for 5 days and initially I was a bit disappointed in the hotel-its slightly tired, liitle musty at first , no pots , no cutlery ,no toaster ,no jug BUT it is China and its good no matter where one travels you need to be flexible and creative!!
We hired a frypan for 2RMB- you can do a lot in a frypan, there is a hot/cold water dispenser machine ( we usually travel with mugs for coffee/tea and a knife /spoon),supermarkets are everywhere and close , unit is very clean ,quiet ,spacious and best of all in a GREAT location .
We could walk everywhere -the Bund,Nanjing Road,Shanghai Times Square etc Metro is easy, cheap and close by .
The staff were pleasant and helpful where possible ..usually there was someone with a good understanding of English. They organised our train tickets for us and wrote addresses in Mandarin for taxis.
We had one meal there ...pretty underwhelming - but it is Shanghai and there is fabulous food everywhere ,so explore and eat out !
By the end of our Shanghai time, New Harbour had become our comfortable home .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully combines the elegance of hotel living with the comforts of home. this apartment-style Shanghai hotel offers a refreshing respite from the flurry of activities in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Harbour Service Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Harbour Serviced Apartments Hotel Shanghai
- New Harbour Serviced Apartments Shanghai