My family of 5 stayed here while we were in Shanghai for 4 days. It is situated in a local neighborhood not too far from the main Shanghai sites such as the Bund and Nanking Road. I loved it because it really gave me a feel of the city and not just the touristy spots. We had safe, fresh street food every morning for breakfast - all situated withing a 1 block radius! There's also a great street for dinner where you'll find an assortment of restaurants filled with locals within a block away. We had some of our best meals there: traditional hotpot, famous Shanghainese steamed dumplings and Uighur lamb kabobs (the best I've ever had!). Our apartment was on the 11th floor - great view! It was spacious with approx. 1,100 sq ft. - we were in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath space. For 5 adults, it was a treat to have more space than the usual hotel rooms though we did struggle with 1 bathroom. The only drawback since it is not a hotel but rather a serviced apartment is that there is less service. You do have your apartment cleaned every day - beds are made, bathrooms ar cleaned. However, the front deck staff is not entirely helpful. If you're looking for a day trip to one of the water villages near by (highly recommend Zhouzhuang dating back to the Ming and Ching Dynasties - it's where they filmed MI3), we were ripped off by the front deck folks who set us up with a private van costing 1,000 RMB when would could have gotten it for no more than 700 RMB. I'd recommend asking the laundry women for a private van since they seemed more sincere and told us afterwards that they could have gotten us one for much less. If you're looking for more than just a typical tourist's trip to Shanghai and are interested in exploring how the locals live, too, this is a great place for a great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully combines the elegance of hotel living with the comforts of home. this apartment-style Shanghai hotel offers a refreshing respite from the flurry of activities in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your New Harbour Service Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Harbour Serviced Apartments Hotel Shanghai
- New Harbour Serviced Apartments Shanghai