“Opens up the city like never before”

Shanghai Super Tours
Ranked #57 of 121 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Owner description: Customize your own private tour of Shanghai! We provide flexible and personal tours for groups of 2 - 10 people. Bi-lingual expat guides, a delicious lunch AND a private vehicle with driver are included on ALL tours. Explore the best sights, eat at delicious restaurants, and shop till you drop with the most entertaining and knowledgeable guides in the city. With 7 years experience living in Shanghai, we remove the stress and add the fun to what will be a fantastic day out with your group. Night tours also available on request. Email us to find out more!
Edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Opens up the city like never before”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We'd been to Shanghai before but always felt a little out of place exploring on our own. I decided to look into some options and after doing my online research contacted several tour operators. Shanghai Supertours impressed me with their email responses and the way they presented themselves on the website really made an impact.

I've used tour companies before but nothing like this. When they said it was personal I had no idea just how involved Brandon and Nick would be. This was literally customised to our every whim. I emailed the guys backwards and forwards a few times prior to travelling and sorted out a loose itinerary. They guys stressed though that this was completely flexible.

We did a day tour, started off in Tai Kan Lu (street), an amazing arty shopping area which we'd never had found. Then we hit one of the 'souvenir' markets. This was awesome, Brandon and Nick were totally at home here and it made the whole haggling thing so much easier. I literally don't know what I'd have done without them. They guys then took us down Nanjing road towards the Bund, all the way keeping us informed and entertained.

The car service along with our personal guides made us feel like royalty, we had an amazing lunch at a small lane restaurant we'd never dared try, and felt like we were leaving old friends at the end of the day. I'd use them next time, and explore even more of the city.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank BaxterFlyer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Manama, Bahrain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful time in Shanghai”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Visited Shanghai in late November last year with my husband, as a long haul stop over, for a sightseeing and shopping trip, with Shanghai Super Tours. Ended up having a brilliant couple of days, hugely due to a day with our great guides Nick and Brandon.

For starters, to be picked up and taken around the city, with your own private car and driver, to all the best sights and markets was made so easy. Shanghai is vast with many of the top sights scattered all over the city. Went to fantastic places that we would never have found ourselves, and Nick, with his fluent Chinese, just made the experience all the more easier and fun. Lunch was great, as we got to sample food from the Yunnan region of China, while Nick and Brandon chatted about the many places they had travelled to around China and the world. So interesting and funny!

We covered far more than we expected to see and do in Shanghai - given that we only had one full day - from the Bund, Nanjing Road and Peoples Square, to shopping at the fabric and antique markets, which would have been panic inducing if we had done it on our own (the language barrier would have been a real issue otherwise). We got in a lot of Christmas shopping, although next time we will build in more time to have some clothing tailored and fitted for ourselves! We also made last minute changes to the itinerary, by visiting a quaint antique market stall street late in the afternoon, but they were extremely flexible, and nothing ever seemed to be a problem.

To add to it all, spending time with Nick and Brandon was just so easy as they were extremely knowledgable, friendly and we just seemed to laugh all the time. Kees and I would highly recommend taking a Shanghai Super Tour to have the best possible time in Shanghai. Thanks again guys!

Yvonne and Kees Kemp. Bahrain.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank ymkemp
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great find - I recommend Shanghai Super Tours.”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I did a lot of research before this trip, looking into which type of tour would suit me the best. It was my first time in China with my partner and we were both apprehensive about making sure we got to see all the sites in Shanghai and also got to see some things off the beaten track. We knew that we needed a reliable tour as neither of us were confident with speaking the language.

We came across Shanghai Super Tours and decided to book straight away. We were not disappointed. Nick and Brandon were so helpful. Emailing us before the trip with answers to any questions we had. They were very organised and prompt with replies and timings, and were really happy to help us out. Really personal.

When we got there, we were so happy to find that the tours did not disappoint. We did a couple of different ones, day and night - seeing the famous Bund and getting to see Taikang Lu, a great market, where we bought most of our souvenirs.

The great thing was that it didn't seem generic. The tours felt almost personal to myself and boyfriend. Our most memorable days in Shanghai were while on a tour with Nick & Brandon.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank JazzyStef
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“GOOD TO REMEMBER”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

"I booked a custom tour in my first few weeks after arriving to Shanghai. It is really an amazing city, crazy place and beautiful architecture. I enjoyed all the places that Nick took me to especially the fake markets, great places for shopping, I found some really cheap deals buying gifts for my friends and family...gracias por todo.. nos hablamos. Juan Monsalve"

Visited November 2011
5 Thank Juan M
Panama City, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Shanghai Tour Ever!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great experience, great tour

My wife and I booked one of the shopping tours as we wanted to get all of our purchases done at the beginning of our visit and get our shopping out of the way. We were the only couple booked that day so we got extra personal attention (they usually take 4 people per tour) and it ended up being a really good way to explore Shanghai. We were picked up at our hotel and were able to choose four different markets out of an extensive list of places. Brandon and Nick were extremely flexible with what we wanted to fit into the day. Lunch was at a fantastic Sichuan place and it turned out to be an entertaining meal as the guides ate with us and provided some great stories on China life. We also managed to learn a few phrases in Chinese in the car between places which made the shopping part more fun for us. My wife loved her purchases and we ended up buying more than anticipated. If you don't like large group tours and want a more personalised experience we definitely recommend this tour.

Visited July 2011