“OUTSTANDING”

Ranked #3 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
oxford, ma.
“OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed our last night in Shanghai at the Ritz Carlton, Pudong. The hotel is expensive but you can not beat the service and quality. Our room was beautifully furnished and the view was Breathtaking. We were on the 48th floor overlooking the Bund. At night the view was magical overlooking the river, and all the neon lit boats. We had drinks up on the roof top deck, which overlooks the Pearl Tower. It was pricey , but worth it. All the staff were fabulous, and very attentive to our needs. If you are looking for a beautiful luxurious hotel stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sylvi97
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel turned me down. There wasn't a proper bathroom partitioning system in my room, when I took shower even the rug far away from the bathroom got wet. I called for help and asked the staff why there was a design flaw like this, yet she told me that she feel confused too. I may not be the first guest in this room because the hotel has been opened for quite a while, however I couldn't see any partition system in the bathroom except an almost useless curtain; their behaviour made me feel that they never noticed this problem before.

I asked if I can borrow a iPhone charger, they asked me to send my iPhone to business centre; the way to business centre is very complicated but with no clear instruction signage, and I had to leave iphone there for a couple of hours. I understand that not every five-star hotel would provide iPhone charger, while this experience is very uncomfortable.

Overall this hotel made me feel very confused. I always consider Ritz a very respectful brand and never expected a experience like this.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Beilinbaby
Beijing
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed here for a weekend a couple of weeks ago.

The hotel is nice, especially the views are breathing. The lobby on the 52nd floor is already giving you a “wow” arrival experience.
The bar on the 58th floor is also impressive. The outside seating area with the view and the quality of the tapas were amazing!

The room was also up to our expectations, clean and spacious.

The only downside on this trip was the service quality. We have experienced the same issues in other 5star hotels in China already – staff doesn’t seem to be very warm and attentive to guests. We constantly had to look for a waiter when our glasses were empty. Our minibar and coffee wasn’t refilled after the 1st night and we also encountered some problems during check out. The receptionist seemed to be more busy talking with a colleague and picking up the phone then processing our check out.

Overall not bad at all, but the service needs to be improved!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travell0ver0
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stay in Les Suites Orient Bund for 5 nights. Wonderful experience. The position on the Bund is fantastic, just in front of Pudong skyline. The staff is very professional, ready to help you in every need. I want to thank in particular Amy Watanabe for her professional and helpful attitude. The room is big and with a breathless view on the Bund and Pudong from the window in the bathroom. Fantastic even the bathtub and shower. In the room we had wi-fi free, Ipod dock station, fresh fruit everyday, and Illy coffe (best italian espresso) as complimentary. The breakfast is international taste, both western and eastern. From the hotel easy to take ferry to Pudong, just cross the street, 5 minutes walk fromt Old Shanghai street an Yu Garden,15 minutes walk from Nanjing Road, and 15 minutes by taxi to Maglev station. For me and my wife, after Beijing, Pingyao and Xi'An a fantastic end of travel. (I am italian).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was received by friendly and helpful staff upon arrival. You will have to take the lift up to reception where you will also be greeted by chic restaurants with stunning views. I was extremely fortunate and received a complimentary upgrade to a magnificent suite with panoramic views of the Bund! Room service was excellent. The chocolate cake was in particularly the most divine dessert I have had in a while.Ritz Carlton stays true to its brand of quality and great service. The only minor disappointment I had was the limited selection of food available at the Club Lounge. However, the hotel more than made up for this - When I had to depart very early the next day to catch a flight, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the staff had prepared a delicious breakfast box for me to enjoy in the car whilst on the way to the airport. I am definitely returning to this hotel the next time I'm in Shanghai.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business