“Family Stay @ the Indigo Bund !.”

Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund
Ranked #23 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Terrible Service from Check In.

We did made a mistake, we didn't order breakfast, we paid the extra cost, but as normal no sympathy from reception, they stated you just pay or you don't get breakfast.

We had to wait for 1 room due to the fact we arrived slightly early, I can accept this but when we arrived in the late afternoon nothing had been explained to the new reception person, so we had to go all through the details again he then give me the same room card that o already had and not a new room number.

They upgraded 1 room, no phones work, electronic curtains don't work, also they state very clearly there is milk in the fridge bar, but in fact there is no milk called reception on my phone because phones don't work, they brought milk and wanted me to sign for it.

Very disappointed considering we are paying 1,780¥ per night for each room.

Would not stay in this Hotel again, I think it's terrible service and there are far better hotels in the Bund at a more competitive price and superior service, typical they take your money and they don't care.

The general service and approach of the reception staff is extremely low and they just don't care, after you pay there even worse.

I stayed before in this Hotel and it was Excellent but it has certainly gone down and it is certainly not value for money considering all the issues we faced, I understand these could be consider small issues but at the end of the day you pay for this high standard but the fact is you don't actually receive this QUALITY.....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not flash by some standards but comfortable and with spectacular views across the river. Just watch the passing barges and at night the cruise boats. The Char Bar on the roof has some of the most spectacular views of any in the world. My wife was not well and they sent a driver to the pharmacy and that is good service.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Kinda disappointed with the hotel service. I was made to wait at least 15-20 mins for the pick up. Gave feedback to the hotel and emailed them, no response. Told them aircon was leaking, no response. The only saving grace was the staff whom helped me in getting a taxi to the airport. Don't think I will consider coming back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Stylish modern hotel with quirky decor and with great location. Strong service culture and while I found English sometimes a challenge the staff worked well as a team to try to solve the issue. The Bund walkway offers a great run route which has recently been extended. The gym is well equipped but three of the four jogging machines were out of order when I visited. There is a good size indoor pool so remember to pack your swimmers. Breakfast is good so well worth the effort to re-energise.

Room Tip: Go for river view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank michaelhH5372IG
Reviewed 13 July 2017

This is a great location, but I felt that at every opportunity I was being taken advantage of. For example - I specified a room with a "river and port view." My room did indeed have a view of the river, but sideways on. Most of the view was a building under construction.

Said construction involved loud noises at 05:30 every morning - not what I was expecting when I paid a premium.

The rooftop bar - £10 for a bottle of beer and a view. Yes, of course one is paying for the location but that seemed excessive, particularly when on my first visit the service staff ignored me completely to the point where I had to go to the bar, to the obvious irritation of the bar tender.

Then on Thursday night, my last night, they wanted to charge me CNY100 just to go into the bar and pay for a drink. Not acceptable as a hotel guest in my book.

Dinner one night in the Quay restaurant with very average food and very slow service - I had to go looking for a waitress to order a beer and to get my bill.

I had some water from the mini bar on evening. This wasn't refreshed the following day and indeed I noticed an opened, half drunk bottle of beer in said mini bar. This remained for the duration of my stay.

So overall - a good location but I wouldn't stay here again simply because I didn't feel as though I was treated as a valued guest.

Room Tip: If you want a river view, specify a room directly at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business