US$ 143
US$ 73
US$ 359
US$ 306
1,527 results
All reviewschar barrooftop barquay restauranthuangpu rivertop floora river view roomcorner roomacross the riverfloor to ceiling windowsbeautiful roomloved this hotelchinese stylefantastic hotelyu gardenroom ratebundchina
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We frequent Shanghai often. Always looking for something new.
So we booked this hotel for a weekend stay in Shanghai. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The room was smart and modern with touches of china old. Bathroom was great with amazing views and a fab high tech toilet. The hotel serevd an excellent cold buffet for breakfast with a hot choice to follow up … all fresh and high quality ingredients. The coffee was one of the best we had in shanghai. The Quay lounge area also had free extra large iMac for use as well as high tech massage chairs, also free, offering pretty good body massages. Free wifi throughout. Great gym and pool (again with amazing views … is there anywhere in this hotel with bad views?)
The hotel is located right on the river, giving it sweeping views of the old city, Yu Gardens, the historic Bund and high tech Pudong, breathtaking, especially at night!
Lastly Char, what a great dining experience …. although not chinese (there are many great chinese places to try walking distance form the hotel) … great bar & grill.
Staff were very helpful and always smiling throughout our stay … thanks Winnie and Allen in Quay.
A pleasure to stay. Our new home away from home. Look forward in returning very soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a river bund view room. Totally worth the extra $$
1  Thank Florence W
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed here at the end of September for 3 nights with my boyfriend. We were greeted by lovely friendly staff with excellent English (although my boyfriend can speak Mandarin I can't, so it was a nice change for me in China!) in the amazingly cool lobby, and given an upgrade to a big room on one of the high floors with city views. Ceiling to floor windows, fantastic views across the city. The room itself was spotless with everything you could want - ipod dock, satellite TV, cafetiere, even books. Bathroom was amazing, probably my favourite part of the room - had a TV above the bath, multi-directional shower and the toiletries smelled so good! So quiet in the rooms, and bedding just so comfy. Decor was really interesting and made the hotel feel unique. We upgraded to a Bund room for the last night and it was so worth it - to sit and watch shops coming and going and then the lights come on at night was great.

Breakfast seemed quite costly so we skipped it, but going by the standard of everything else in this hotel it would have been delicious! Only gripe would be that it might be nice for the price we paid to have breakfast included...and also a few more teabags in the rooms wouldn't go amiss (especially for the British tea addicts amongst the guests!).

Had lunch in the cafe which, although costly for China, was really yummy. Also had dinner at Char as a birthday treat for my boyfriend, which although nice we found to be very exexpensive, even by restaurant prices back home! The gym is fantastic, as is the pool with Bund views. It's a 20 minute walk to the centre of Shanghai proper, but this didn't bother us - and there are always taxis waiting outside, or can be called.

In short, this place is great, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Yes it isn't the cheapest in Shanghai, but for the wonderful experience it is worth the price (and a lot less than staying in the Hyatt!).

Room Tip: City view rooms are great, but if you can afford it go for a Bund view room! Try to get a larger room with the ceiling to floor windows if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed four nights at this boutique hotel during a recent visit to Shanghai. It is such an innovative concept for a city hotel. The decor is new meets old china/shanghai, yet very modern with a home comforts and feeling. The hotel is spotless throughout; rooms, reception area, quay lounge; a high standard of cleanliness.
Breakfast is delicious and the hot food options is quite innovative and freshly prepared to your requirements : we tried all three western, chinese and japanese ; also tried the great pancakes!
The staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful.
Overall 10 out of 10. Great stay.
Oh. One last thing, the views ... a knock out!

Room Tip: upgrade to bund river view.
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Beware: beyond the name, the great location, the experience at the Indigo Shanghai is disappointing. This is mainly due to the very poor quality of service, not at all at the level of price and standing of hotel. My reaction may be due to the fact I was on a business trip, tight on schedules, looking for settling jetlag, and the effect of haphazard service was enhanced on me: "hours" to get checked in, with a very junior staff obviously overwhelmed. When I came back in the evening, they had kindly changed my room as asked, except my luggage had not been moved, I had to do it myself at midnight, internet not working, unreadable bill given when checking out.
View from rooms is awsome and hotel decoration are great, that's the one thing about this hotel.
Let us count on room for improvement about the rest.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank franck078
Bruce_au, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Hello franck078,

Firstly our thanks for your feedback. Of course we are disappointed that our service did not meet your expectations.
We have reviewed the service difficulties that you faced - I will contact you separately to get more clarity on your issues as the detail is not clear to us at this point.

I believe your that your issues are a deviation from our normally high standards and hope we have an opportunity to welcome you to Hotel Indigo again soon.

I look forward to further private correspondence on your stay.

very best from Hotel Indigo

Bruce

Reviewed 1 November 2011

One of the best experience and offers a lot of personal touch! I had a room upgrade which helps as the room is facing the Bund and Huang Pu river which is a majestic sight indeed!

For the price paid, you can't get a better value hotel for it's location!

The service is very good and the staff are warm and welcoming! The front office supervisor even went out her way to help me print a document which I needed urgently for a meeting the next day as the business center was already close by that time.

The rooms are very nicely decorated with touches of Shanghai Tang deco and colors and the bathroom is divided to two parts ... shower cubicle and toilet with the wash basin in the center. That really provides the flexibility if you have a partner that urgently needs to use the toilet and you are showering without occupying the whole space! Excellent space management!

As my business trip coincided with my b'day, they even remembered to send me a b'day cake courtesy from the Mgmt and staff of the hotel! That was a real pleasant surprise.

They live up to the name and reputation... For being a "neighbourhood hotel" indeed!

Will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone in a second!

Room Tip: Do try to request upper floors and facing the Bund