“My favorite hotel in the world.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Shanghai

Park Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #14 of 4,670 Hotels in Shanghai
Charlottesville, va
“My favorite hotel in the world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

It's the perfect hotel.

Put aside the location 90 floors up real quick and let me speak about the quality of the hotel. I've stayed in many 5 star hotels but hotels like this make me think that there should be a category above 5 star. 6 star? Maybe "luxury hotel" would do?

This hotel is a luxury hotel. It's chic and simple at the same time. The bathroom is immaculate. Even the door to the bathroom was a slick oversized mirror that latched with magnets. The rooms are incredible. I agree that this is finer than the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Now consider that you're towering in one of the tallest buildings in the world. This hotel is an experience and the price is very reasonable when you consider that it is among the finest hotels in the world.

I would go back to China to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

omg amazing!!! we stayed on 83rd floor and I'm scared of hights. funnily enough you don't even notice. it's so relaxing and calm that not even I freaked out for the 8 days. They have these mini dens around on the 80th floor, you know with lounges, computers, books, etc. with pens that you can help yourself to. after about a week I realised I had about 10 of them so I took them home. when I got back I found those pens on hyatts online store selling for $120 HELLO XMAS!!
denfinatly the best hotel I have ever stayed in

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank silvermasked
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

You cannot beat the rooms at the Park Hyatt - 20 foot ceilings that take in beautiful Shanghai. We were in a view double, I believe. A bit disturbing that, though I reserved online twice using Hyatt points, the reservation did not go through either time. Luckily, as we arrived late at night, the hotel was still able to accommodate us and upgraded us for the trouble. We were only there briefly, for the experience, but we did see the absolutely gorgeous pool and had a drink in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and high ceilings!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Some say the Park Hyatt Tokyo is the finest hotel in Asia- with only one exception (the excellent patisserie on the ground floor), I find the Park Hyatt Shanghai to be far superior.

One issue that I have, which I have with most Asia hotels... I hate sky lobbies that make me go up ~100 floors, only to get in a different elevator to come back down do my room, or go further up to the restaurant. Alas, its something that I grudgingly deal with as most of the finer hotels are configured like this... (Though my favorite hotel on the other side of the river, the Andaz, thankfully has a g/f lobby.

One work of caution to anyone who needs to travel outside of shanghai daily for business (factories, etc...)- traffic out of Pudong adds 20 extra minutes to your car ride. If it wasn't for that, I'd be at the Park every trip to Shanghai... as it is now I generally stay my first and last night in country, then stay at the Andaz on the other side of the river for the rest of my trip.

Room Tip: If you are a Platinum or higher, ask for a Jin Mao / Bund view room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JIm C
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

While living in Shanghai, we were staying there for one night for a special occasion. Location of the hotel is good and lots of shops nearby (can even walk).
The hotel itself offers nice room (many of them with a good view over the HuangPu river) with everything you need. Gym and swimming pool are well maintained. We did not try out the Spa, but found the offered Tai Chi very relaxing.
Staff was all dote time friendly and very supportive. Communication in English is no problem.
Overall a very nice hotel to stay in, may it be for business or (as we did) for leisure.

• Stayed June 2012