“Real Portuguese Experience”

Viva!
Ranked #489 of 17,331 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 32
Neighbourhood: Jing'an
Description: Viva! fuses Portuguese culture by creating a collective dining experience for patrons. With a diverse menu of traditional cuisine, entice your palate with authentic Portuguese flavors to share amongst friends and family. Viva’s extensive wine & cocktails list will have you socializing for hours and craving their delectable homemade desserts.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Saves you a plane ticket to Portugal. Very simply enjoy the Portuguese taste experience in Shanghai. Always a warm reception from staff members which adds a special touch. We really enjoy going there to taste more food.

Portuguese Peri Peri Chicken was hearty and just as we have always liked it.

Clams, Flame /Chorizo, Oxtail, Salads and sides were all on point. Portuguese wine and port that tastes delicious.

The desserts are addictive. Be sure to taste the biscuit/creme dessert.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

These guys are crazy! Awesome food in gorgeous Ambiente! We love it going there, thanks for having us again and again. Highly recommend it for having great dinner with beautiful wine.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was very very average

We got a seafood paella that was not good, def no a real paella
The octopus was extremely over cooked, it was like I was eating rubber
Clams were really good
The Brie cheese was very good

They have some good drinking specials that are good and cheap

I don't think I'll go back

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

After searching for a Portuguese restaurant in Shanghai, viva was the only result. Being a little home sick I decided to give it a go.

I arrived at 16:00. I know, it’s not dinner or lunch but with my schedule I had no choice.

Sat down as the place was empty and was given a menu.

The selection seems reasonable and the prices are a bit stiff for China standards but reasonable.

Being from Porto myself, I had to order a “Francesinha”. Maybe my expectations were too high but the taste just wasn’t there. Some ingredients missing and others have been replaced with cheaper cuts. The sauce didn’t have that usual quick.

One of the owners was very nice and ended up talking for a bit. The reason I award a 4 star is for the effort. I can imagine is not easy to make Portuguese food this far away from home.

The coffee/expresso was really good. (Delta)

If given a chance will return to try other dishes.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

A small and tidy place. Not very impressed with staff and interior, still it is moden and represent the new generation of small dining places for younger people. Food was very tasty. Not a cheap place, but you get some value for money, and close to down town centre.