We are a couple in our late 30's from Minnesota with four children and we have been to a lot of destinations. We choose Fiji hoping to find something different. We spent a week at Yasawa Island Resort and it turned out to be the best vacation experience yet. It was everything we hoped for from excellent accommodations, superb cuisine, and some of the friendliest staff and villagers imaginable. We arrived at Yasawa Island Resort as vacations and left with a feeling that we were leaving friends behind. In past travels we have never had the feeling of safeness and honesty that we felt here. We were worried that 7 days would be to long and would get bored but 7 days was not long enough. We still had things we wanted to do when we left. We enjoyed Scuba Diving and Fishing with Atu, Waqa and Lye and the personal attention they gave us. We made a trip to the Blue Lagoon Caves, Lost Village on the North Shore, and had our own private day on Paradise Island. We also enjoyed a basket weaving demonstration by Waqa and the other villagers. Along with some a couple singing and dancing performances by the village choir. We were able to dance with the villagers also. We enjoyed a traditional Fijian feast where all the food is cooked in a pit dug in the sandy soil. We had many massages by Aggie at the Spa. She is wonderful and is definitely a must. Joe Seru the Duty's Manager if very personable heartfelt staff member that will answer any question you have and make you feel at home. Bill, Wati, Anna, and Manasa are also staff members and villagers that helped us always with happiness and excitement. You can tell they love what they do and are more then happy to help you. This is definitely a place we will go back to. We are already planning a trip for our family of six for March 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yasawa Island Resort & Spa is an exclusive retreat on one of the most remote and unspoiled islands of Fiji. Just 18 luxury bungalows are hidden among luscious tropical greenery, each only a few steps from a pristine, silky white-sand beach. Celebrated for its pristine location, Yasawa Island Resort & Spa has offered guests from around the globe unique, authentic and enriching travel experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Ostrovok so you can book your Yasawa Island Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yasawa Island Hotel Yasawa Island
- Yasawa Island Resort And Spa Fiji - Yasawa Islands