Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort(Suva)(Great Value!)
US$ 44
US$ 29
US$ 132
US$ 115
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 131/night.

US$ 116
US$ 236
US$ 164
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
US$ 88
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslunch and dinnerfishother guestssea snakeslocal villageday tripthe managersa special placewonderful staffscuba divingpaddle boardinglow tideboat ridebar areasuva airportmeal planfood was amazing
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our family stayed in Toberua during the Xmas of 2017 and we really loved the island. The food is really good, very good service and the kids loved the freedom of running and playing all over the island. Also liked the activities and games in the island. I totally recommend Toberua.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the same side of the restaurant
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JuanFernandez
ToberuaManager, Manager at Toberua Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back someday.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Vinaka vakalevu Toberua. Beautiful weekend away, snorkelling, swimming, resting & relaxing. As a Fiji local living and working in Suva, Toberua was the choice for a weekend out of the city and away from the tourist areas of the West. Turns out other local expats in Suva had similar thoughts and it was great to meet other locals whilst there. Thank you again to all the wonderful staff. Hope to be back once the dive instructor returns :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
ToberuaManager, Manager at Toberua Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to learn that you had such a wonderful time during your first visit to our resort! We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My friend and I stayed on the island for 10 days. We both needed a place to decompress for a while. This is definitely the place. No TV or phone to interrupt your quiet time. Wi-Fi is available but spotty. We arrived by plane and were placed in a taxi to the boat ramp. The boat ramp is a small concrete ramp next to a bus stop. We then got on the boat and went along a river until we hit open water that took us to the island. We were met at the island by the managers and staff who provided a warm welcoming song. We elected the meal package, figuring it would make things simple. Breakfast is made to order and very good. Lunch and Dinner give you three choices for your main meal- vegetarian, fish or protein. They always offer appetizer/soup and dessert. Most of the guests were great to hang out with and learn about the areas they were from. The bar was a great meeting place for happy hour and trying new drinks. There are games and books available for use at the many outdoor tables or at your room. The trip to the school was enlightening and dancing with the locals after kava ceremony will never be forgotten. Pro: Our room was lovely with a great view of the ocean. Plenty of room, was clean and well maintained. The water was warm, clear and inviting. The new managers are doing a great job and go out of their way to accommodate you. The grounds are well maintained. The staff are polite, fun and ready to help you with any question or concern. I loved watching the huge fruit bats coming out in the evening hours. I loved the guys singing at lunch and dinner. They had songs for every type of music. If you want a quiet, relaxing island this is the place to go.
Cons: The island is very small. Although there are activities listed for each day, they did not take place as listed. The meals are regimented due to the small size of the island/kitchen. They sound the drums when it is time to come for your meal. Although the kids are supposed to eat the hour before, allowing adults to eat in peace, this wasn't always followed. Within a short time of eating your meal, they are already approaching you to make a choice for the next meal. Also, if you only order soup and dessert, you must wait until the other guests are done with the main meal before your dessert will come. Next: Other than the juice at breakfast or the water served at your table, there is a charge for EVERYTHING. Make sure that you keep track during the week or you will be in for a surprise at the end of your trip. The taxes and service charges in Fiji are very high. Be prepared for that. We were very anxious to scuba dive A LOT during our trip. Unfortunately, the dive master was not very accommodating while we were there and we were only able to dive a few times. The aquatic life, coral and fans were SPECTACULAR. We just wish we could have done more. Did I mention the snakes? Although not a concern to me, my roommate is deathly afraid of snakes. Unbeknownst to us, sea snakes come on the island every night to sleep. We were lucky as no snakes ever made it to our room however there were squiggle marks showing that they passed every night. Once couple has six snakes in their room one night. Make sure you bring a flashlight and check your room before entering (after you are done eating dinner). Several quests had health issues while on the island. In order to seek medical attention, they had to take the boat over to the mainland and then take a taxi to the hospital. Thankfully it wasn't an emergency. There is a spot on the island for a helicopter to land if necessary.

Overall, an experience that I will always remember but I don't anticipate returning. After three days of total relaxation, I realize that I need more activity than is available on the island.

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank Kim B

We happy to hear that our small quiet island atmosphere and our team had a positive impact on your experience. We will look further into the issues you mention as your feedback is helpful for us to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

What a day....
my cruise ship was planned to visit Fiji's Port of Suva for a day and I was up for some scuba diving. With no scuba diving services in Suva, I found a couple of options which required some travel time, but only one offered the full service and flexibility to make it happen. Toberua Island Resort offered a single day trip with the option for two dives.

The day went like this.

Disembark the ship at approximately 0830.
Taxi transfer from the wharf to Nakelo Landing
Fast boat river cruise out to Toberua Island
Personal greeting at the island jetty by the entire staff (a very nice touch)
Settle in to my private cabin and then prepare dive gear.
Personal dive trip out to the local reefs.
2 dives with my expert guide, hunting tiny underwater creatures for macro photography
Return to the Island for a 3 course lunch complete with staff entertainers providing background music
Then time for an explore around the island
Sadly I had to leave early to make it back to the ship
Once again, the entire staff bid me farewell at the jetty, then the fast boat and taxi back to the wharf at Suva.

Apart from some email traffic to organise this, on the day, I didn't have to lift a finger.

The team at Toberua know how to make their guests feel like royalty and I hope to be back soon for a longer stay.

Thankyou Toberua Island Resort

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Rosco_in_Cairns
ToberuaManager, Manager at Toberua Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your review of your dive day trip and hope you can return for a longer stay someday.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

To be honest, I'm a little reluctant to write this review - only because I don't really want anyone else to know about this little gem! Toberua was everything we could have hoped for. A beautiful, secluded island with a wonderfully friendly and helpful team. We were met at the pier with beautiful Fijian music and the managers, Robyn and Warren. We were very lucky to have the island to ourselves for a few days being the rainy season. This was really a treat! Delicious, varied and interesting meals were on offer each day, the pool was lovely, and our Bure (Premium Oceanfront) was absolute beachfront. In fact, at high tide the water sprayed into our room! We could literally take 3 steps out of our room and snorkel. The team were beautiful. They engaged and occupied our two boys, opened coconuts so they could drink, showed them fishing tricks and looked after them when they wandered around the island exploring. Lots of super interesting things to see and do including kayaking, village tours (highly recommended!), stand up paddle boarding, fishing both on the pier and on boats, snorkelling, exploring other islands swimming, and of course enjoying drink at the bar. Thanks to everyone on Toberua for one of the best island holidays we could have hoped for. We will be back!

Room Tip: Premium rooms on the beach side were great.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Frangipanni1977
ToberuaManager, Manager at Toberua Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Bula and thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your family enjoyed their vacation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our little island. Vinaka!