Toberua Island Resort
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort(Suva)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
US$ 29
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 33/night.

US$ 216
US$ 254
US$ 214
US$ 330
US$ 259
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslunch and dinnerfishsea snakesother guestslocal villagethe managersday tripwonderful staffa special placescuba divingpaddle boardinglow tideboat ridebar areafamily holidaymoment you arrivesuva airport
Reviewed 29 November 2015

This was truly a special place to stay for 5 nights this November. The only negative is that we didn't stay longer!

I think the Island has 13 bures, a "14th" for the talking, jalapeno eating parrot, Jack. We stayed in bure 12, which was lovely but a bit strange that while in the shower, you can see directly into the windows of the second floor of one of the staff houses.

We arrived and departed to the staff singing at the dock. They also serenade each of the tables at dinner nightly. The whole island was quite musically talented it really added to the island's ambiance. The staff choir performed on Sunday which was a special treat. There was plenty of time to relax and enjoy a phenomenal setting but there were also a lot of options for entertainment each day.

The kayaking trip through the mangrove was a great adventure. We also had a fantastic dive at Sacred Reef. The dive masters were great guides and helped to make me, a sometimes nervous diver, quite at ease.

5 stars all around, the food, the setting, and the people. We definitely would love the chance to return here.

One note - the transfer cost to be picked up/returned to the dock or Suva is about $215 (U.S.) per person.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugin415
Sandy M, Manager at Toberua Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Bula! Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear your great comments about the ambiance, activities, food and setting. The return transfer cost is $216 Fiji dollars per person which is around USD$108. Thanks for telling us about the staff accommodation being visible from the outdoor bathroom. We will check it out.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

My family and I (consists of 2 toddlers under 4 and my wife and I) stayed here mid November for 5 nights. We were really looking forward to getting away and spending some quality time with our children. We were not disappointed!
We were quite late to arrive at the jetty for the launch to the island, and the staff that were waiting for us were very polite and understanding (consider a flight direct to Suva if you are coming from Nadi, we drove, not a good idea with toddlers!!!). Once we got to the island, all of what we expected we experienced within the first few minutes. Staff were wonderful, location simply beautiful and accommodation on the mark.
I know many people talk about food and other things, but for my family and I, the friendliness of staff is most important. Toberua Island Resort cannot be faulted for this. The staff were great, always willing to set time aside for a quick chat with us, or to play with our children. It was an awesome experience that our toddlers are still talking about (especially being a part of the band during dinner!!!!)
Food was great, with varying menu's throughout the stay. Though some may find the cost pricey, it is well worth it considering some of the other places we went to later in our trip (this place was our highlight, did I mention that!).
We will definitely be looking to come back to visit again very soon. It was the perfect place to spend good quality time with family without the digital distractions. All I can say is do it. Go there, it is well worth it and you will not regret it.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Nesh K

Quality family time is so often mentioned about holidays at Toberua and we love to see our guest families enjoying all that Toberua has to offer together. Thank you for your kind remarks and your new Toberua family eagerly awaits your return.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

We live in Suva and have lost count the amount of times we have stayed at Toberua over the past 20+ years. Whenever we get a chance we escape to our "island home".
The staff are wonderful, the food fantastic - in fact the bbq is the best we have ever tasted. The only stressful time of the day is when you have to chose from the menu what you want to eat, as you want to try it all. Forget any diet while there. Once you set foot on the island you are in relaxation mode. My family just can't get enough of the place.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie K

We love to welcome our 'locals' back to their home away from home. Vinaka for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

BULA!!

This was our first time to Fiji, and we will never forget it!

We were in shock after setting foot on the island, the weather was perfect, the water warm and inviting, the employees on the island singing and smiling, you can’t help but feel bliss. The island is a perfect get away, it’s quiet but with lots to do and the staff are some of the friendly people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, AND THE FOOD!!!!!!!!! The food was outstanding, they give you a bit to choose from and there was not one thing that I didn’t like and I am somewhat of a picky eater. The music what a great touch, there is nothing like eating a great dinner watching the sun go down and having live music.

All of the activities were great, one of my favorites was Picnic Island, and it is completely under sold. We almost passed it up just because it sounded ok, but we were already on an island did we really need to pay to go see another island? It is a MUST I am so happy we went!!

I will admit I was worried about the snakes after reading some of the reviews on here, but they are blowing it way way way out of proportion, we only saw 3 and they stand out very well and they want nothing to do with you.

My only regret is that we did not stay long, 5 days is not enough I wish we would have done 7 or more. There were a lot of thing that we missed out on doing (including the BBQ) because we didn’t stay all 7 days.

Vinaka! Vinaka! Vinaka!

Thank you so much for the unforgettable time and memories, we will be back!!

Stayed: November 2015
2  Thank FogHat13

Bula! We appreciate your kind words and will pass on your compliments to our friendly staff. We agree that Picnic Island is a unique, pristine wee speck on planet Earth! It is all waiting here for your return visit! Vinaka.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at Toberua and left looking into booking a trip for next year! Toberua truly does feel like home the moment you step foot on the island. From the views, beach side bures, dining, activities, and amenities this resort provides everything you'll need and more for your holiday. The dining experience is one of a kind and the friendly atmosphere on the island is infectious. The staff and management though is what makes Toberua such a special place. You won't find genuine hospitality anywhere else. Hands down our favorite vacation so far! Truly on our vacation list for next year!

Thanks Again Toberua!!

Maria & Jesse Farnsworth
Visited November 3-8 2015

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to your island home. Vinaka!