Thank God we went on to Castaway after 7 very disappointing nights at Tadrai. We attacked the lunchtime buffet like survivors from a deserted island, to see green vegetables and the gorgeous desserts we knew we were back home.
The beach is so wonderful even at low tide you can just loll about and talk to other guests while you wait for the tide to rise, or go to the pool now a little quieter as the Children's pool area is complete.Thankyou to Katarina for the best cocktails ever.
The dining at night is absolutely wonderful. The quality, presentation and variety is unsurpassed, all served in no time at all.
We would recommend anyone to go and spend some holiday time at Castaway for the most relaxing and professional experience you could ask for without spending a fortune.Yes there are children but most of the day they are at a very well run Kid's club and they have their own allocated meal time so we did not find them a bother at all.We loved to hear their excited and happy voices, after all it is a family orientated resort.
We did find the staff a little stressed at times on this visit, not quite as relaxed and happy as previously , perhaps they were short staffed, but most recognised us from last time and gave us a hearty welcome back.
The other issue was with our rooms. We had asked for the same rooms as on our previous visit but they were allocated to other guests so we were disappointed with that, as we were told that we were VIP return guests but we got over that quickly as we settled back into life at Castaway.
Castaway sent their boat to Tadrai to pick us up after the Manager at Tadrai"forgot"their boat was unavavilable and we received a surprise to be told that there was a cost associated with the transfer and I think we appeared shocked when given the news= not that the money was the issue. The Castaway Reservations Manager told us thet the Tadrai Manger was informed of this but replied you work it out with the guests when they get there.Thanks again Tadrai.
.Please take the opportunity to experience Castaway just once and I,m sure you''ll be back. It delivers all it promises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)