My husband and I with 2 teenagers just spent 3 glorious nights at beautiful Malolo Island resort. Having been to Fiji 3 times, this is definitely the most beautiful and perfect island resort. The welcome was beautiful - perfect in every way. We stayed in an ocean bure which was a little smaller than the deluxe version and I must say our bure was the furthest from the beach, BUT it was still more than perfect. The island is a dream. It's small and intimate but with plenty of options and variety. The resaurants were all lovely, pools crisp and clear and decadent and the water sports all free and always available. We went jet-skiing (have to pay for motorised) and it was the best experience ever. Kayak your way to the island off the main beach or to Castaway if you want. The hammocks on the beach were a dream.
For food, we bought beaky stuff in Denarau and had breakfast on our beautiful varandah each morning. We had sandwiches and snacks during the day in our room (including beers bought in Denarau) and then had dinners at one of the restaurants. It was pretty cost effective and we had plenty.
The staff at the resort are all beautiful, happy, welcoming people. We felt in heaven.
Take the walk up to the lookout (behind the treetops restaruant) for simply supurb views of the island and surroundsLast but not least, visit the school on the other side of the island. If you're not there on a day you can take an organised visit just ask the staff as we did. They'll take you in a private boat for peanuts. The schools in Fiji all need help. Take money, clothes, stationary etc - whatever you want to give. They are all so grateful. The kids sang to us and showed us the school - even though we just turned up unannounced. Give what you can to the people away from the resorts. They really are quite poor - but beautiful, genreous and happy folk.
We can't wait to return to this beautiful island. It really was a dream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort