We have just returned from a quick 5 day break in lovely Fiji. Our trip started off badly when 12 hours before our depature from NZ we discovered that my husbands passport had expired 3 months prior. Major panic, but all sorted by the following day , big thanks to Rebecca at travelonline.com and Kritika from Ahura Resorts, who run Malolo, who reorganised our travel arrangements. We finally arrived 5 days later than expected and the minute we landed the stress disappeared. This is our 8th visit to Fiji and this would rank as one of our best experiences. The resort was very well run , the bures very nicely renovated - the beds very comfortable , the beach great , good snorkelling close to the beach, and fabulous food . The food served at the Treetops and Beach bar are the best I have had in Fiji, the buffets are more usual fare, and the band top class esp the singer and lead guitarist. We made good use of the kayaks and paddleboards , there are plenty of other islands to aim for , we paddleboarded around both Wadigi and then Castaway, what a great experience PBing in crystal clear water over teems of fish off Castaway island. As always in Fiji the staff are so friendly and , with one exception , very happy to serve you. Had fun at the quiz night , crab race and 'surprise ' activity. The island was full of very young children but those without family are housed in the bures down the end and around the corner so very private kids free beach, adult only Treetops was great also. As we are in to keeping up our fitness we went on the walk to the far beach , this was quite challenging up and down hills , the track pretty rough but manageable , and the views great.
We are keen to return with our adult children sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malolo is an intimate, rustic resort. It's about a bure near the beach, surrounded by the world's friendliest people with a living and authentic culture. You will be served by the descendants of villagers who have lived there for thousands of years, offering true Fijian hospitality. Perfect for families and couples alike, at Malolo, you can fill your day with a myriad of activities or simply unwind and do nothing at all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malolo Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malolo Island Hotel Malolo Island
- Fiji Malolo Island Resort