All reviews across the river the river walk fire pit pedestrian bridge starbucks cafe front desk walking distance to downtown high bed usb ports historic area marriott courtyard white water rafters whitewater express great location right on the river quality hotel co workers bars and restaurants
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We are Marriott Gold members. This hotel does not really have any amenities for Gold members. No free food, breakfast, or drinks. The main reason we stay here is for the view room of the river and the locstion of the hotel. You can walk across the bridge and be in Columbus Georgia. There are several great restaurants only 1/2 mile walking distance along the river from the hotel.
The back gate was broken and did not lock so several teenagers thst were not staying at the hotel were in the pool and took several towels when they left. In fact, almost every time we used the pool there were no towels. Housekeeping was slow cleaning the room and one day only stopped by to see if we needed anything and did not clean the room.
The rooms are nice and pretty good size. The desk clerks are nice. The food and drink in the bistro is costly.
Ask for a river view room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bamba
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

bamba,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It sounds like your room was not serviced properly by our housekeeping staff and for that I sincerely apologize. I will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping Management.
I will also look in to the towel issue at the pool along with the gate.

I do thank you for your loyalty to the brand. If your travels bring you back to the area I would love for you to come back and stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful new hotel in an expanding area on the river in Phoenix City/Columbus. This hotel should be able to achieve a "5" with 100% focus on hospitality. The little things are missing. We visited the Bistro on Friday night at 10:05 with 2 other couples waiting on their order only to be asked "You do know we're closed?" (no hours posted anywhere). I asked if I could just order a glass of wine and was told by the waitress that she was too busy finishing up the 2 other orders. She should have said, "absolutely" and provided that "extra measure" of hospitality. On Saturday, our room attendant forgot to leave coffee and cups. When we called the front desk around 10:15, we were told that they only had decaf and did not have access to housekeeping's coffee because it was locked up. Really?
In this industry, it's the little things that count.
Thus a "4" not a "5".

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Pat M
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Pat M.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I completely agree and have since reminded our staff about going the extra mile. We have also made sure the front desk is stocked with all necessary amenities as well.

We hope you come back and see us if your travels bring you back to the Columbus/Phenix City area.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Service was timely and stafff was very professional. Most importantly the food was amazing !!! If you’re staying at this hotel you absolutely have to make your way to the Bristo. The staff, Jushonda, Curtis, and Ebony, were the epitome of excellent!!! We will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Tasha J.

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are so happy your had a great stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and especially the ones you highlighted in your review. Again, I thank you and hope to have you back on your next trip!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I’ve just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I must say that the staff was the nicest staff of any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Everyone was so nice and genuinely wanted to help us with whatever needs we had. My family all agreed that the staff was amazing!

The rooms were immaculately clean, the beds were very comfortable and the common areas were immaculate also. We spent a lot of time at the pool and we really enjoyed sitting around the fire pit in the evening.

Columbus Uptown is a quick walk over the bridge (Although we drove each time we went, as parking was always available, in front of any restaurant we chose to eat in) and
a 2 minute car ride.

The Bistro was really nice. We got coffee there each morning and also ordered some appetizers and drinks during the evening.

We found the hotel to be very quiet also.

If you are visiting Columbus I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

KaMom,

I just wanted to tell you thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. We are so happy to read you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus/Phenix City!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Reserved a room in mid-January 2018 for mid-March. Received notifications (i.e. weather, check-in time, etc.) from Marriott all the way to day of my stay, got to the hotel at 5:00 p.m. only to be told my reservation had been released! No reason other than there was a large event when I arrived. Marriott sent me to a Springhill Suites in Columbus and promised to comp me for the room. Got to that place only to find out that Marriott had "stiffed them" to many times. I had pay for the room and Marriott reimbursed me. Marriott also billed me for my original reservation! Customer Service Nightmare!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dlewis456
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

dlewis456

Thank you for your feedback. Again, I apologize this was your encounter. Unfortunately, we did not provide to you the service you deserve and for that I am sincerely sorry. If your travels ever bring you back to the area I would love to restore your faith in our hotel and team.