All reviewsacross the riverthe river walkfire pitpedestrian bridgestarbucks cafefront deskwalking distance to downtownhigh bedusb portshistoric areamarriott courtyardwhite water rafterswhitewater expressgreat location right on the riverquality hotelco workersbars and restaurants
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful new hotel in an expanding area on the river in Phoenix City/Columbus. This hotel should be able to achieve a "5" with 100% focus on hospitality. The little things are missing. We visited the Bistro on Friday night at 10:05 with 2 other couples waiting on their order only to be asked "You do know we're closed?" (no hours posted anywhere). I asked if I could just order a glass of wine and was told by the waitress that she was too busy finishing up the 2 other orders. She should have said, "absolutely" and provided that "extra measure" of hospitality. On Saturday, our room attendant forgot to leave coffee and cups. When we called the front desk around 10:15, we were told that they only had decaf and did not have access to housekeeping's coffee because it was locked up. Really?
In this industry, it's the little things that count.
Thus a "4" not a "5".

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Pat M
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Pat M.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I completely agree and have since reminded our staff about going the extra mile. We have also made sure the front desk is stocked with all necessary amenities as well.

We hope you come back and see us if your travels bring you back to the Columbus/Phenix City area.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Service was timely and stafff was very professional. Most importantly the food was amazing !!! If you’re staying at this hotel you absolutely have to make your way to the Bristo. The staff, Jushonda, Curtis, and Ebony, were the epitome of excellent!!! We will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Tasha J.

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are so happy your had a great stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and especially the ones you highlighted in your review. Again, I thank you and hope to have you back on your next trip!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I’ve just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I must say that the staff was the nicest staff of any hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Everyone was so nice and genuinely wanted to help us with whatever needs we had. My family all agreed that the staff was amazing!

The rooms were immaculately clean, the beds were very comfortable and the common areas were immaculate also. We spent a lot of time at the pool and we really enjoyed sitting around the fire pit in the evening.

Columbus Uptown is a quick walk over the bridge (Although we drove each time we went, as parking was always available, in front of any restaurant we chose to eat in) and
a 2 minute car ride.

The Bistro was really nice. We got coffee there each morning and also ordered some appetizers and drinks during the evening.

We found the hotel to be very quiet also.

If you are visiting Columbus I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

KaMom,

I just wanted to tell you thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. We are so happy to read you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Again, thank you and we hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus/Phenix City!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Reserved a room in mid-January 2018 for mid-March. Received notifications (i.e. weather, check-in time, etc.) from Marriott all the way to day of my stay, got to the hotel at 5:00 p.m. only to be told my reservation had been released! No reason other than there was a large event when I arrived. Marriott sent me to a Springhill Suites in Columbus and promised to comp me for the room. Got to that place only to find out that Marriott had "stiffed them" to many times. I had pay for the room and Marriott reimbursed me. Marriott also billed me for my original reservation! Customer Service Nightmare!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dlewis456
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

dlewis456

Thank you for your feedback. Again, I apologize this was your encounter. Unfortunately, we did not provide to you the service you deserve and for that I am sincerely sorry. If your travels ever bring you back to the area I would love to restore your faith in our hotel and team.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Beware that there is a train that goes by several times through the night and early morning. Also, request a room away from the elevator. The button seems to have an abnormally loud ring which was loud enough to hear in my room. It was annoying late at night and early in the morning. The breakfast was good at the restaurant but I would not recommend for dinner.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Lillian1976

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We apologize you had to experience the noise from the train. I will also look into the ringing from the elevator. We hope to have you again if your travels ever bring you back to the area.