All reviews across the river the river walk pedestrian bridge fire pit chattahoochee river starbucks cafe front desk state line walking distance to downtown usb ports historic area courtyard marriott white water rafters quality hotel co workers restaurants and bars mini fridge
Reviewed 21 February 2018

We stayed here for one night while in the area for a family wedding. Found the lobby and room decor to be very fresh with fun colors. The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean, and the many USB ports were appreciated. The proximity to downtown Columbus and the walking bridge across the river was very convenient, and the outdoor pool and patio looked like they could be very enjoyable in warmer weather. Lack of continental breakfast is a drawback when compared to other hotels in the area in this price range. At check-out, I joined Marriott Rewards at the encouragement of the girl at the front desk, but I was disappointed to find that the membership was not retroactive to include our night's stay.

Room tip: River view in this location is worth it!
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tricia W
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Hi Tricia W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were happy to read you enjoyed your experience and that you signed up for our Marriott Rewards. If you would contact me via email I would love to make sure you get your points for your stay since you did enroll. That was miss communicated to you and I am sorry for that. I will be sure the rest of the team is aware so it does not happen to anyone in the future. We always strive for complete satisfaction and I am sorry our Bistro Menu selections was a drawback to you. I would love to have you back as a guest if your travels bring you back to the area. My email to get you your well deserved Marriott Rewards Points is: Rachel.lamar@Marriott.com.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rachel

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Would have given more stars but always surprised at the lack of “welcome” from this Marriott. It’s funny to me that I can stay here over and over and they never remember me but I stay at the Residence Inn half as much in the same town and they always say welcome back and give me a Gold Member treat! In fact, at this Courtyard, if Richard checks you in, you won’t get a welcome or how was your day/trip or enjoy your stay etc.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank heatherlmiller
Rachel L, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

heatherlmiller,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Phenix City.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

What a great place to stay while in the Phenix/Columbus area. And the staff is great. Say hello to Zena and Ashley at the front desk; they’re more than awesome; and let’s not forget the rest of the crew... they really wine the extra mile to make us feel at home. We certainly picked the right place!

Room tip: Ask for a river view
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tabetha P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the staff. I will make sure to pass along your comments. We look forward to having you with us again on your next trip to town!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Hands down the best place to stay while in Columbus. Beautiful views of the river and the friendliest and most accommodating staff I've ever encountered. Ashley (at the front desk) couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.

Room tip: Of course, rooms with the river view are much more pleasurable
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tabetha P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Marti,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the property so much. We will be sure to let Ashley know your comments.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The lady at the front desk, Ashley, is/was the most polite & accommodating hotel employee I’ve encountered in a long time. I travel frequently for business and I wish there were more Ashely’s out there!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tabetha P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your comments about Ashley, she certainly is a wonderful asset to our front desk team. I will make sure she gets a copy of this! We hope to have you stay with us again!

Tabetha Propst