“The Place To Be Seen! Needs More IMO!”

Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 152 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 36
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fisher's at Orange Beach Marina is two restaurants under one roof. Fisher's Upstairs offers upscale dining in a beautiful and relaxed setting. Fisher's Dockside is a more casual option, perfect for kids and families. Both restaurants overlook beautiful Orange Beach Marina. Upstairs opens daily at 5pm and Dockside opens daily at 11am, and 10 am for an outstanding Sunday brunch. Executive Chef Briand is a 2016, 2017, and 2018 James Beard semifinalist for Best Chef South.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

In writing this review, I wholeheartedly feel this is a good restaurant. However, with most big chefs or 4 and 5 star restaurants the chefs try to over cook or over think the menu.

I thought the filet was good. Not great. Needed more char while retaining med rare. Sides were un-memorable. Meaning they were not worth mentioning. Sides that are good make a restaurant and mediocre dishes better.

Swordfish good. Not great.

Drinks were outstanding and worth a 5 star mentioning.

While organic greens and farm to table is a norm in quality cuisine. Owners and chefs need to focus on better quality sides.

Imo: creative pastas: Like pancetta mac and cheese. Or squid ink pasta, or seafood quinoa, etc. Things that are creative and make you want to come back for is what will move my rating from average to above average.

Or seafood dishes like the their ghost pepper caviar fried OYSTER. These were perfect!

Maybe a clarified butter and royal red side dish? Or Stuffed flounder with Royal Reds Or Lump Crabmeat. Or a Gulf Shrimp Stuffed in a pastry.

The Emrils, Bech's of the world get too caught up in fancy crap that imo at this price point is in warranted in the South.

Sticking to the roots of the area and gulf should be the mainstay variety and focus.

I hope to be wowed on our next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This place is awesome in every way! Atmosphere , food, drinks, and view! Hard to find a better dinner experience than here!

1  Thank _medicinf
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our family ate at Fisher’s Dockside recently and had a great experience. The atmosphere is surreal overlooking a huge marina with multi million dollar yachts. Our server was very friendly and proficient. The food stole the show. I had the fish of the day which was mahi-mahi. Delicious! We will be back on our next trip.

1  Thank Stallion08
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Fisher's is actually two restaurants. The Upstairs is white table clothes and fine dining. The Downstairs is casual dining appropriate for a marina restaurant. This review is based on a single visit to the Downstairs.

I arrived a little early on a slightly rainy day. As I was travelling solo, I sat down at the bar, where a lovely bartender attended to my every whim. After some discussion with the bartender and one of the waitresses, I went for the fish tacos. That's not something I'd normally order, but boy am I glad I did. They were by fare the best I've ever had. The bartender kindly brought me some of the sweet potatoes cooked in root beer to try, as well. An imaginative twist on a traditional dish, they managed to elevate something familiar into something great.

I wish I'd been able to stay in Orange Beach to try the Upstairs, but if I'm ever back in town, Fisher's will be my first stop. Food that's imaginative, elevated and still rooted in tradition is hard to fine, and they're doing it really well.

1  Thank MarshallManson
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful view and service. Wine selection is the best this side of Mississippi to Atlanta. Local craft beer and food are beyond expectation. Busy... worth the wait. Fishers is definitely a step up from the local Beach Fair tourist trap. Service is top-notch.

1  Thank Victoria W