“Fun place with great service from Cameron”

Big Wave Dave's Kitchen & Beach Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Wave Dave's Kitchen & Beach Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 152 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Description: We have traveled the world surfing and dining, our menu tells the story. From our signature Maine Lobster Rolls, Asian Soba Noodle Broth Bowl, Southern Fried Shrimp or Crab Claws, Street Tacos or our Famous Short Rib Grilled Cheese. We love what we do and it comes through in our food and service. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

What a great new and cute place this was to try. The wait wasn’t too bad for the 10 of us, and you can shop in the surf shop next door during the wait. The decor was really smart and the singer/acoustic guitarist Mason was a lovely backdrop to the surf theme in the joint. Appetizer of chicken nachos were a great start, lobster rolls were delish and kids had large burgers. Shrimp tacos were great too. Cameron was very kind and patient and won the favorite server on vacation award. Check this place out for sure.

1  Thank Kcastle2468

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Great time for the whole family. The menu provides something for everyone. Management and staff were always present and smiling to the beach theme music. I loved the lobster roll. Who would have thought of lemonade butter? The idea of popcorn on the table before dinner is great. Old beach movies playing all the time. I really enjoyed it.

1  Thank Dianna M
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were sat promptly and greeted by our server. Ordered water and sodas. No drink menu was given to us so they missed out on us ordering from the bar. Snacked on popcorn, appetizers came out quickly chicken nachos were good, spinach dip was just ok. Entrees came out quickly. House salad and Ceasar salad was fresh and crisp. Husband and son ordered sandwiches. Large portions and good fries. Restaurant began getting busy when we were ready to check out and it took us a while to flag down our server. Good choice for families with young families. Spacious tables, kids menu that is reasonably priced.

1  Thank jdubky
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife ordered fish tacos and I ordered a fried chicken sandwich. My wife was brought shrimp tacos, but didn't feel like sending them back. I was brought the wrong meal 3 times, not just a small issue completely the wrong item. I ended up canceling the order at the end as I had two young children and my entire family had already finished eating. I am not sure how they got the order wrong a total of 4 time in one trip. This was around 2pm on a Tuesday, they were completely dead.

I am happy to see that other people had good experiences here but I left hungry and baffled at how bad of service we received.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had a wonderful dinner last night! It was five of us and we ordered two of THE SLOPPY HAWAIIAN // 14
Toasted Bread / Pineapple Braised Chicken / Smoked Bacon / Crispy
Jalapeños / Melted Havarti Cheese / House Smoked BBQ Sauce
and
COUNTRY FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH // 13
Crispy Chicken / Crispy Bacon / Sharp Cheddar /
Toasted Sourdough Bread / Buttermilk Dressing / L & T / Pickles

Fabulous food! The chicken melted in your mouth and the barbecue sauce was delicious. The fries were a mixed between two different kinds. Different, but good! Our waiter was very friendly and helpful with our choices.
The happy hour margarita was the icing on the cake! Over all a wonderful experience for our family. We will definitely go back when we visit again!

1  Thank Happytrails1515