All reviews kiddie pool older place the kitchen the security guard washer dryer stayed nights great amenities enjoyed our stay bedroom beach elevator court tennis vrbo
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I’ve stayed at the Sugar Beach condominium many times now and have always enjoyed my stay. The condo rooms at Sugar Beach are hit or miss. Some are good, some are bad, and many just in-between. This is why I suggest looking at the specific condo rooms and their pictures. Despite this, the condominium complex itself is wonderful and is in a prime location. The complex is located in Orange Beach, Alabama, which is just about 1 mile away from Gulf Shores. This beachfront condominium sits directly on the white sands and has a direct view of the Gulf of Mexico. It is very near shopping and fun attractions, but not in the busy Gulf Shores district. Orange Beach offers everything that Gulf Shores has, but it is not overly crowded. The rooms are very affordable for families. The condos come in various sizes and can have anywhere from 1-5 bedrooms. Although I love staying at Sugar Beach, sometimes the rooms aren’t always the cleanest and I’ve even had to touch up the rooms myself just to feel at home. I’ve never had a problem with noise from any other nearby rooms. They are moderately priced, but some gulf front rooms can be a bit pricey. You really do get what you pay for! Sugar Beach is an older complex made up of seven buildings connected by bridges. Some of the highlighted amenities offered by the complex include two elevators, shuffleboard, a rooftop tennis court, a dining area, charcoal grills, and three pools (one heated). It is also one of the few complexes that has a children’s pool as well. All but one of the pools are located beachfront, so you can enjoy the pool and take in the ocean view all at the same time. Sugar Beach also has its own security guard, so you can feel safe knowing that your valuables are being guarded day and night. The actual beach there is quite nice and is what I come down for each year. The beach is very clean and well maintained. If you don’t have your own beach chairs and umbrellas, they have many to rent. The sand is white as snow and great for shelling. What I love the most about the Sugar Beach is that it offers you a beach vacation with all the charm of the South. Overall, Sugar Beach is an affordable, family-friendly condominium complex that offers fun for all ages. I’ve explored many other condos in the area, but always keep coming back to stay at Sugar Beach.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We loved the beach, it was so clean. And so many pools to chose from. A night swim in the pools, so peaceful. Our condo was very nice, close to every thing. If you don,t want to cook,so many places to eat. We even got to see the turtles , it was so awesome. They are protected. We got to see them let go into the water,after being checked.

Stayed: August 2017
5  Thank lovecoffee62
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We spent two weeks here in winter and loved it (unit 212 vrbo)! We noticed how the maintenance crew kept the halls and elevators mopped and clean. The security guard watches the entrance and also makes appearances in the garage area. Many snowbirds here during this time and lot of friendly people. Short walk through the garage to the pool area and beach. Loved daily walks on the almost deserted beach! Also just across the street and one block west is the Hugh Branyon trailhead for walkers/bikers and Southern Grind coffee shop! Seafood shop is also just across the street but they were closed for January. Only negative was the painting going on outside our patio for several days but I guess it has to happen sometime!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edmondite
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This is my first one star review and I don't enjoy it, however I wanted other travelers to have reasonable expectations. While each unit may be different (ours would get 0 stars due to electrical issues and lack of hygiene), the entire property is ran down, poorly attended, and has a feel of a prison.

Photos online and AirBnB are misleading. This is a very outdated, poorly maintained, loud, and dirty property. Window units and a/c units right under your balcony don't help with noise control, neither do the busy street and very thin walls. A "side" ocean view means you have to lean hard left to catch a glimpse, while taking hot air on your back from a window unit.

This literally is a budget travel option. If you care about nothing except beach proximity, it's an acceptable accommodation. For a traveler with any degree of discernment - spend a little more for better quality.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Yelena A
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We rented condo 108. Biggest issue was air conditioning. It only has a 110 window unit and was unable to keep condo cool much less cold. Another issue was the tv. 5 remotes and none worked tv. We had one channel until one very nice maintenance man fixed it towards the end of our stay. No hot water for shower. Advertisement said 4 free tickets to Waterville which was misleading. You could only get one ticket free per day and used the one ticket that day. So there's no way to get family in free unless you went every day. This was truly lesson learned .. be very picky and read the fine print!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family