Sugar Beach
Palm Beach(Orange Beach)
Pelican Pointe(Orange Beach)
SeaChase(Orange Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewskiddie poololder placecondominium complexsecurity guardwasher dryerocean viewgreat amenitiesbedroombeachgulfcourttennisvrboalabama
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I think the key to booking at this property is to make sure you are in a recently renovated condo. I was a little worried that a trip to the beach over the 4th of July weekend would result in crowded pools and noise, but I was pleasantly surprised.

There are 3 large pools and a kiddie pool here so there was plenty of room to spread out and plenty of chairs available. The Sugar Shack by the pool makes excellent frozen drinks and you are right on the beach, so no driving.

As for the condo, we rented a 1 bedroom. The bedroom was upstairs, which allowed for a little privacy when you also have someone sleeping on the fold out sofa.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank atlfam4
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The complex is nice with 3 pools, excellent location, and good parking. However, we viewed several pictures online of the condos here and selected the option for the cheapest 4-night stay. To say the least, we got what we paid for! Our room, #157, wreaked of an old must. It still had the original blue carpet and blue/white tile that was sticky. The refrigerator was very outdated with a dent in the door and rust covering the handles. The bathroom had a "sanitized for your protection" sign on it, right beside a previous guest's hair still adorning the tub. The barstools had ivory cushions with yellow/brown stains covering them. The walls were banged up with scratches and part of the ceiling was peeling off. We could hardly relax to lie in the bed at night and ended up covering the pillow cases with our beach towels to hide the smell. Other units we saw looked normal and nice. Seems that we got the worst unit in the complex!

Room Tip: Many units here looked great! Ask to see pictures!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank T_N_Lane
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Everything was _nice and clean_ and kitchen was _well_ furnished! Nice view of the beach (on the side of the condo). Would definitely go back to Sugar Beach Condos. Not as busy a location as I would imagine further east or west. Rented chairs and umbrella on beach. Very pleasant stay. Thank you to the condo owners for a nice place to stay when not on the beach! Slept better there than at home!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank keetersmama
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Pitiful. The unit we rented was pitiful. Nasty upholstery on barstools, molded shower curtain, nasty mat in shower, hairs on bathroom floor, mold on bathroom floor, remote that didn't work, needed to be renovated. It didn't stink and the ac worked well. SO not worth $250 a night! Wish I could post pictures.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank joybr
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I used Hotels.com to book a 1 bedroom condo over the Labor Day weekend in which I was lead to believe that my per night cost was to be $100 but upon check-in I was charged a $30 fee then discovered my credit card was charged $484.41 for the 3 night stay, not $300. A difference of 184.41 cost. I did call Hotels.com and was transferred 2-3 times before getting an agent to return my call to discuss the LARGE difference in charges. I was promised an itemized break down of the addtional charges, but to date I have not yet recevied it.

The condo was not updated but for $100 per night as once thought was ok. At first step into the unit the microwave was beeping and did not work but was replaced with a new unit. THe location is great and beach is nice but the total charges should be upfront and transparent not handled like this.

Basically the unit was not worth the money spent!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple