“Very Clean, Nice Room, Great Value”

Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Opelika
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Clean, Nice Room, Great Value”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I spent 6 nights here recently for business and was very pleased with my stay. For an older hotel, the room was very clean with a comfortable bed with good pillows. Free Internet. I ate breakfast every day. Juice, coffee, sausage, eggs, waffle maker, bananas, 3 types of cereal. Simple but good.

I paid between $39 and $55 bucks a night, so for the money, I found this hotel to be a great value. The front desk staff was always friendly. Centrally located for Auburn and Opelika.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Alabama
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel was ok and fairly clean. Check your bill before you check out. The breakfast is complimentary for a reason.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank cottonbluff
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Do not live up to their policy, nor will corporate customer relations help any. Will not give refund. DO NOT STAY HERE. Wish I would have looked at TRIP ADVISOR ratings before I booked this. Will never stay at Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank wgham
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I've stayed here 3 times now as I have a child attending Auburn University. Never had any problems checking out as the other reviewers did. Everything in the room was fine, worked well and the beds are very comfortable. I never heard anything from the other rooms even though the hotel was sold out. Breakfast is not great but they do have waffles and sausage. The bathroom is fancier than I expected, It is convenient to Hwy 280 and very close to Tiger Town shops. You may have trouble finding it as it is half a block off the main road and they do not have a sign directing you to it. The front desk staff told me the city would not allow them to put any other signs up except for the ones on their property. Nothing fancy here but if Best Western is your style and budget, then I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Georgetown, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel owner,MR PATEL, could care less that my credit card was charged an additional $1000 beyond what I owed. The total amount due at checkout was charged on my credit card 5 times and twice in one day! Mr. Patel has only credited one mistake. He is aware that I am seeking legal charges against him.
My room was never cleaned during my time there and the wireless never worked. They made no attempt to fix anything. Mr. Patel stated he would correct the charges to my credit card, but he has only made one adjustment. for 1/4 of what was overcharged. DO NOT STAY HERE. THIS IS FRAUD.

Room Tip: WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD IF YOU MUST STAY HERE! Wireless only works in rooms next to front desk.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ridgekeeper
Mickey P, General Manager at Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your feedback and work continually to improve upon processes to satisfy the needs of our guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the seemingly endless barrage of mistakes that were made during this stay. We experienced some technical issues with our computer system's router which not only affected the wireless internet but also caused errors in our check in and out processes. Once we notified our help desk and learned of the failing equipment we placed an order for it's replacement, but unfortunately had to wait for authorized equipment to be delivered, which didn't arrive until the following Tuesday.

Normally when a guest checks in, the total amount due for the entire stay is pre-authorized on the credit card, not charged at that moment. In this case due to the glitch in the system, it appeared to have been authorized twice. The next thing that happened, was that when the guest extended the stay for an additional night, initially the normal rate was pre-authorized for that night. There was a reversal for that amount and the discounted rate was then pre-authorized. These were true system errors. The guest did indeed bring the pending amounts to our attention, but due to the nature of the circumstances simply declined me the opportunity to explain in detail what was happening. At the time of checkout, only the amount of $269.39 was actually charged to the guest.

As a member of the Best Western Hotel Chain, we strive to offer the best customer service in the industry. Details of the guest's complaint were researched thoroughly and are still available for resolution purposes. I can confidently say that there was no fraudulent activity present and would like to apologize once again for the experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelika
2.5 km away
2.3 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Auburn Opelika
2.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Opelika Auburn

Been to Best Western Auburn/Opelika Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK