“Great Salad Bar!”

Stanfield's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Stanfield's Steakhouse is located in the former Oh Bryan's! building in Ford City. They have the best salad bar that I have ever eaten. That is my favorite thing about Stanfield's. I recommend the catfish, chicken tenders, and desserts. This is a great family oriented place to grab a bite to

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

This place is busy, busy, busy! The exterior looks quite fancy. The inside is very basic and clean. The food was great! I ordered the beef brisket special- melt in your mouth delicious! My husband had their signature burger & said it was the best he has had in Alabama. The staff were very kind & efficient. We probably waited 20 minutes for our meal- definitely worth the wait!

Reviewed 28 March 2016

My family and I decided to stop in for a steak. The service was good and the salad bar was very fresh. Everyone in the group ordered some kind of steak. They were just ok. They didn't seem to have much flavor versus the last visit.Over all it was still a very good experience. I would come back again when in the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I had the "banana pudding" for desert, one of my all time favorite deserts, for $4. It's served in a large stemmed glass piled high with white whipped stuff and stale vanilla wafers. Not sure what the white foamy stuff was, it wasn't whipped cream because it had no flavor. As I dug through it I occasionally found a slice of banana and occasionally saw what looked like wisps of pudding.

I also love hush puppies and got 5 of them as a side to my main course. Huge disappointment. No real flavor, and not crispy at all. Waste of calories so I only ate 2, 2 in case the first one was a fluke.

I ordered a glass of Australian Shiraz red wine. The wine was served cold. And was some of the worst wine I've ever had. To their credit they replaced it immediately with their Cabernet Sauvignon, also cold. The glass was filled to the rim and was drinkable.

I had the 16 oz sirloin and it was wonderful. Topped with sautéed onions, cooked as they are supposed to be, until they are limp. Surprisingly the few restaurants around here that served onions with their steaks don't know how to cook them. The steak was very flavorful and the onions added just the right touch. I got the 16 oz because it's much less per ounce than the smaller sirloin and I could take half home for dinner the next night, and it was again great.

It's basically a la carte, meaning you pay for everything separately. With steak you get one side dish (my hush puppies) and texas toast. A second side is several $, the salad bar is, I believe, $3 additional.

They only have light beer style types, although some are imported. No craft beers or anything like Sam Adams, which I favor.

I've never heard of any of the wines on the wine list and, as I mentioned, their reds are served cold.

My wife ordered the Italian Cream Cake for desert, which is made with about 8 layers so the slice is very tall. They also cut if very thin so you never get what gourmets call "mouth feel" from a mouthful of cake. And it had been in the display case for a while I guess because one side had dried out, which was made much worse because it was cut so thin.

Service was very good.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We just happened upon Stanfield's while exploring around Wilson Lake area. We shared the Steakhouse Burger and steak fries. The burger came with delicious bacon strips which made it a decadent feast of goodness! We are burger connoisseurs, and this may be as good a burger as we have ever had. The atmosphere and service were charming. Our waitress, Lexie, was superb...attentive, friendly service. We will be back!