“Worst place to stay when traveling.”

Red Roof Inn Muscle Shoals
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Muscle Shoals
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Terrible experience at this location. Pool was closed in the hottest part of the summer (August) and found out through asking around at dinner that the pool had been closed all year, apparently never opened in 2014. The clerk stated that it had just recently been closed for cleaning. Of course she allowed 6 rooms to be taken before even mentioning this fact, even though several parties in the group were talking loudly about being able to finally get cooled off in the pool.
When questioned about the rates (72.14) without a working pool, the clerk would only keep repeating that the rates were Muscle Shoals rates and she couldn't reduce the amount.
As far as the rooms, poor condition all around - one of the beds in my room had dirty sheets that even had small pebble/gravel substance all over one side of the bed. Commode in the bathroom didn't even have a lid and the seat was broken.

Room Tip: Should have stayed at the Comfort Inn for the same amount of money and they had a working pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff G

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights with my grandson. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.. Our room was not fancy by any means but it was clean, bedding and towels changed daily. Bathroom was clean and the lady at the desk made sure the pool was ready for swimming for my grandson. Items were put out daily at breakfast. Over all I was quite satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindia1452
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I knew they were doing construction. I was told that the only inconvenience would be having to park across the parking lot. I smelled chemicals that I assumed were some sort of Febreeze type air "freshener." To my horror, I woke up at 1 am with a sore throat...then it hit me. We had friends who lived in FL and had to bomb for roaches. That was it. I complained as soon as the roofers rattled me out of bed at 7 am with nailers and coal shovels banging away. I'm not sure what time I finally dozed off after the Ibuprofen kicked in. And here's an education for you fellow travelers. If you check-in and go out to eat, come back and try to check out before sleeping in the room in AL, you will not be given a refund. I asked to leave and they said go ahead, we'll still have to charge you "for being in the room over 5 minutes." The breakfast did have waffles, and I guess I should've said something when one of the guests packed his pockets with creamers from the coffee table. Coffee was awful, no peanut butter for the bread. They did have raisin bran, which is important for me. The bathroom, well, we just won't discuss Room 107. There are lots of places to stay right down the street and I'd recommend you look into them. Once again, to the clerk's credit (a youngish blonde woman) they refunded my money...I think. I have to check on my next statement. Traveler beware!! Oh, and the young woman's comment about "not wanting the roofers to have to work after dark" got under my skin a little. I said they should have started work at check-out or at least as far north of 7 am as possible. I told her that if they can build roads with lights, they can roof a hotel with a 4/12 pitch with a little added illumination!

Room Tip: Smell the rooms. The exterminator had just come the day prior to my stay. They could have said som...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
0.1 km away
Days Inn Muscle Shoals
Days Inn Muscle Shoals
#2 of 3 in Muscle Shoals

Been to Red Roof Inn Muscle Shoals? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK