See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights with my grandson. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.. Our room was not fancy by any means but it was clean, bedding and towels changed daily. Bathroom was clean and the lady at the desk made sure the pool was ready for swimming for my grandson. Items were put out daily at breakfast. Over all I was quite satisfied with my stay.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lindia1452
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Muscle Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Lindia1452,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay of Red Roof Inn Muscle Shoals Hotel. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality
and cleanliness of our guest rooms. We're glad you had a good time with us and Our team will be waiting for your next return for another well-deserved break.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I knew they were doing construction. I was told that the only inconvenience would be having to park across the parking lot. I smelled chemicals that I assumed were some sort of Febreeze type air "freshener." To my horror, I woke up at 1 am with a sore throat...then it hit me. We had friends who lived in FL and had to bomb for roaches. That was it. I complained as soon as the roofers rattled me out of bed at 7 am with nailers and coal shovels banging away. I'm not sure what time I finally dozed off after the Ibuprofen kicked in. And here's an education for you fellow travelers. If you check-in and go out to eat, come back and try to check out before sleeping in the room in AL, you will not be given a refund. I asked to leave and they said go ahead, we'll still have to charge you "for being in the room over 5 minutes." The breakfast did have waffles, and I guess I should've said something when one of the guests packed his pockets with creamers from the coffee table. Coffee was awful, no peanut butter for the bread. They did have raisin bran, which is important for me. The bathroom, well, we just won't discuss Room 107. There are lots of places to stay right down the street and I'd recommend you look into them. Once again, to the clerk's credit (a youngish blonde woman) they refunded my money...I think. I have to check on my next statement. Traveler beware!! Oh, and the young woman's comment about "not wanting the roofers to have to work after dark" got under my skin a little. I said they should have started work at check-out or at least as far north of 7 am as possible. I told her that if they can build roads with lights, they can roof a hotel with a 4/12 pitch with a little added illumination!

Room tip: Smell the rooms. The exterminator had just come the day prior to my stay. They could have said something at check-in.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank will_gee

will_gee,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.