All reviews local places to eat grab and go front desk the maintenance man minute drive room was clean next morning full kitchen a great place to stay home away from home recommend this hotel toaster stove pans irma furniture florida
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The hotel is set up 'oddly' in that you have to pull your luggage up a set of stairs to get to a room. The room was clean, and the bed fairly comfortable. There was just something that made me nervous. I travel alone, and I didn't feel safe. Nice people at the desk.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

We appreciate you providing a review of your experience. It is good to know that you liked your clean & comfortable room, but we are sorry for not meeting all of your expectations. We hope you give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Where do I begin. We called the hotel at 3pm to notify the staff we would not arrive until 1am. At exactly 1am, we arrive only to find the office is closed after hours but the lobby door is open. There's a gentleman in the lobby using the desk phone who says he called the after hours number for 30 minutes but no one answered. I tried the number twice- no answer. I called the 800 number for reservations and waited on the phone 25 minutes while the rep attempted to reach someone at my hotel. Finally a lady comes to the office, turns on the lights and opens the door. Eyes low and red and sweat falling off her face. She checked us in, asked if we had any questions and before we could turn the corner the door was closed and lights turned off again. The inside of the room looked decent however there were no dishes or utensils in the kitchen. The sofa sleeper mattress was filthy with stains from top to bottom (no mattress cover). The sheets for the sofa (found neatly folded in a bag in the closet) were filled with black stains. the security latch on the door was handing off and not secure. When we initially arrived at the hotel there were people standing and just hanging out in the parking lot. All night from 1am to 7 am people were outside our window (first floor room) hanging out, talking, drinking and smoking. By 8 am a few were sitting on the curb near or between the cars, walking in and out of the lobby getting breakfast and coffee with their hands all over everything. Many of them looked dishevelled. And while they did greet us with a smile, that's not what you expect after paying $75 per night. I even went down to ask the front desk for a face towel (we used ours as soon as we arrived at 1am). The lady says with a bad attitude, you can't get towels unless you go back and bring your used ones to me! Mind you there was nothing in the room to put the used wet towels in to bring them to the desk. I said, you can't even give me one face towel? She passed me the towel and said- that's the rule! Again with a bad attitude. Thank goodness we were just passing through. Eleven hours of driving and $150 down the drain. The rooms may be updated (according to the website) but the safety and customer service is inexcusable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disheartened to read about the problems you experienced, and we hope you will accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Our management team is taking steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. I truly regret the inconvenience you experienced and hope you and your family will give us another chance to prove that we are committed to providing outstanding accommodations and service.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My family and I traveled from out of town and needed a location that was close to where my brother was graduating. The first thing that impressed us was that we were greeted with a smile. Our check in and check out was really easy and the staff treated us like we were family and not just a paying guest. Everyone was very friendly and when asked they gave us some very good recommendations of local places to eat as well as locations to visit. I will definitely recommend this establishment and I look forward to visiting this location again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review of Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd. We are thrilled to read the courteous service provided by our staff exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your compliments with them. Thanks again for recommending us to future guests, and we look forward to hosting you and your family soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

If you're on business and need to save on expenses and you do not require high speed internet - it's OK. Holiday Inn Express is next door and if you add the cost of internet they may be a better deal.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand the importance of being connected so apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Our service provider assures us the problem has been resolved and we anticipate no further problems. We do hope you consider staying with us again, as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Again, the room was so nice. The tv wasn't great but the internet was fine. The check in person couldn't have been nicer but we hated the fact she was forced to hand carry every single item we expected to find in the room. Nothing in the the nice kitchen at all. No hair dryer nor coffeemaker. Dishes, pots, pans, lids, plates, utensils, toaster - everything has to be brought to the room by the over-worked person downstairs, or do it yourself. We ended up going without things because all the fuss just wasn't worth it for one night.

Date of stay: June 2017
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Montgomery - Carmichael Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you had an overall nice stay. We would like to inform you that as per our brand standards, kitchenware and hair dryers are available at the front desk rather than leaving them in the room, and our team gladly delivers them upon request. However, we are sorry if this was not communicated to you at the time of check-in. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.