“The Best”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We have not found better rubbed ribs anywhere. And we have tried! Classic southern menu, but if you don’t get barbecue, you have missed the whole point. A must eat in Montgomery.

Thanks Bocain!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The BBQ wasn’t bad but I like a verity of sauces, theirs only comes with one. Also the sides were not the bomb. I paid $3.75 for a side salad worth 50 cents, pretty disappointing

Bob P, Owner at Dreamland BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Jennyt223, thanks for stopping in and letting us know about your experience. We are serving the only sauce we've ever know, the one Big Daddy created in 1958. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been wanting to eat at Dreamland for a while now. It was good, but nothing I couldn’t find at other BBQ restaurants. My hubby and I love outside chopped, so I asked for my sandwich to be prepared that way. Dreamland aims to please, but it seemed like they just picked off the char of the pork and included no meat. It was difficult to eat. I did not complain because they did as I ask, but maybe too much so. We did get the wings and they were excellent! Next time, I will choose that as my main course. Service was SLOW. Our server was very friendly & pleasant, but we felt like she couldn’t focus long enough to be consistent. We only saw her wait on 1 other table, so maybe it had just been a long day. But the wait was painful.
Maybe I was expecting too much. Decent BBQ can be found most anywhere. Just seems that it is hard to find BBQ that is outstanding and sets itself a part from other restaurants.

Bob P, Owner at Dreamland BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Lara L, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. It seems we took you too literally on the outside meat, sorry about that, next time let us know and we'll adjust. As to the service being slow, this shouldn't happen unless we are packed. Thank you again for letting us know and we will work to improve our guests experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Good food. Service was impersonal; almost hostile. Was never made to feel like a welcomed guest. Would not go back. What a shame.

Bob P, Owner at Dreamland BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

FSVET, I am sorry to hear about your experience with our staff. There is no excuse to not make our guests feel welcome and I am sorry this happened.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I had some time before an appointment nearby so I had lunch at this bbq restaurant. It was on a side street near the ball park and it was very difficult to find parking. Other that that, it was quite good. I was greeted by a very friendly hostess and server. I had a bbq pork sandwich which was good. The sauce was tasty and not overly spicy. The atmosphere is fun, lots to look at and of course, the TV wall for the sporty people. I went on a Tuesday afternoon and it was easy to get a table but I would imagine it gets very busy at other times of day or on the weekend. I enjoyed my visit. Would recommend

1  Thank chicagoite