“Authentic Mexican food”

La Coronilla Grill Cosina Mexicana
Ranked #289 of 476 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

If you want true authentic Mexican food in Montgomery, Alabama, you must go to this place. It's a small place but you'll love the food if you know what real Mexican food is to taste like. The salsa & pico that come with the chips is made in-house and unbelievable. My favorite dish's are the lengua (cow tongue) tacos; they're so tender and I also love the ceviche 7 mares. They also have orchata, its a authentic Mexican rice based sweet drink (very tasty).

Reviewed 23 March 2015

We were surprised to find La Coronilla on a nondescript road in a rather industrial area of Montgomery. What a nice find! I agree with the other reviewers. If you're tired of the typical "Mexican" fare you find around town, then try this out. First, the food was cooked in a kitchen that looked like, and felt like, a real kitchen where food is prepared and served to friends and family. The kitchen staff were enthusiastic and friendly. Actually, the wait staff was not super-warm, but figured it might be a language barrier. Anyway, I had the tamales, which were tender and flavorful, and a chicken taquito...pretty tasty with fresh, which cheese on top. The beans and rice were nicely done. My wife had the chili relleno and and enchilada. She had one little surprise of something odd tasting in the enchilada, but after that one bite, found it very tasty. Our menus were in Spanish, so be prepared to figure out a few things. All the customers looked like regulars, which we intend to become, as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 December 2014

This is the delicious cuisine you would find in the Mexican countryside! We will be back for more. The place is spotless! We were there early enough to see how thoroughly they clean....every inch of every chair is scrubbed! And the food was great! I basically hate the heavy cheese covered mess that Americans call Mexican food. But this food is simple and well seasoned...beautiful and delicious. I am so pleased
La Coronilla is in Montgomery and I pray they do not change a thing!

Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

We go to La coronilla for dinner quite often and it is really wonderful. It is authentic and fresh. Don't go expecting everything to be smothered in sauce or cheese. Their tamales are the best in town and their "chicken soup" that my sweet husband brought me tonight might just be the cure for the common cold!

1  Thank 2lambsnolion
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Friends of ours took us here for lunch and we weren’t disappointed. The outside of the building doesn’t look like much, but the interior is spotless. The owner waits on you and will explain preparation and ingredients if you ask. All meals are made from scratch so don’t be surprised if it takes a little while to get your meal. This ain’t Taco Bell. Homemade corn tortillas that are steaming hot when they arrive. Wide variety of special dishes, but the standards as well (fajitas, tacos). I had the whole fried tilapia (Mojarra Frita) and it was terrific with crispy skin and tender flesh. Others had enchiladas, chiles rellenos (grilled, not fried) and all were winners. Our friends are not adventurous eaters, but based on this one meal are going to try to eat their way though the entire menu; it’s that good. Sorry we don’t live closer so we could try too.