“Cozy and clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd.
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Oklahoma
“Cozy and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I travel for work from time to time. Like home, I like everything to be clean. This Hilton Garden Inn was clean and cozy. The lobby area has many sitting areas decorated in neutral tones. There is a small resturant area for breakfast and a VERY modest bar if you would like to order a hamburger and beer in the evening. The hotel has a small "convenience" area with crackers, water or anything you need to buy that may have been forgotten. There is coffee in the lobby with convenient to-go cups. They hotel pool is small but sufficient for cooling off. The gym is decent, offering a couple of treadmills, ellipticals a bike and some free weights. The rooms are dim and cozy. The beds have an option to "pick your sleep style" like a sleep number bed, you can dial up the mattress to be firm or soft. The room also has a small working area and a small sitting area. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

While not the best of locations, this HGI is very convenient to a variety of restaurant and business needs, and seems "like new" by most accounts. The lobby and rooms are well appointed and attractively decorated, and shine like most newer Hilton Garden Inns. I have no complaints and enjoyed my stay except for one, maybe two things. The bathrooms tubs are narrow and have steep slopes on the sides, which did cause me to slip and very nearly break my tailbone. It was a very unexpected and unpleasant experience (first time I have ever fallen in a bath/shower like that, and I am too young (46) to have those sorts of issues). So, be forewarned... be very careful while bathing! Also, I did have dinner at this HGI, and while the food was reasonably good, the attendant continually called me "babe", which I felt was not appropriate or professional. She seemed to think to think it was "cute". Aside from those two unpleasant events, I still mostly enjoyed my visit. I have stayed here previously, and it is one of the nicer hotels in the area (at least for Hilton brands).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rodlandersal
Laura S, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Mobile West I-65/Airport Blvd., responded to this review, 24 August 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us and apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. I understand the bathroom furnishings were a concern, as it is for us as well. It is due to reviews such as yours and our desire to provide the safest condition possible that we have begun plans to renovate our restrooms. The health and safety of our guests is our number one priority and we do all we can to ensure your comfort. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us and provide feedback about our new guestroom experience; we would love to have you. Thank you!
DALLAS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I keep coming back for the beds at Hilton Garden Inn. The staff and service here are great from the front desk, room service and the restaurant. Probably the best run Garden Inn breakfast service I have ever seen in the four states that I travel. Quiet and comfortable with spacious rooms. Food was of very good quality. Though it may be a "limited service hotel", this location makes the very most of what they have to offer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here from 7/20-7/23 and it was by far one of the nicest hotel stays we've had. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean, everything was at our fingertips, and best of all the staff was great! No matter what time we walked in 8am-2am, they were always friendly and quick to help if we needed anything. We only had breakfast 1 time in the restaurant, and it was nice to be able to have food cooked to order, and fast service. The waitress was also great! We have family in Mobile now, and this will definitely be our go-to hotel from now on. Thanks Hilton, this was my first experience with a Hilton and won't be our last:) And the bed was AMAZING!! The best sleep I've gotten in a LONG time!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed here again as it was local to where I needed to be.
Everything was the same, nice big room, quiet air conditioning, clean bathrooms, fresh towels and linned.

However it was the same down stairs in the lobby, where breakfast was poor.
Anything cooked to order took upwards of half an hour to arrive.
Self service coffee was empty and the staff did not seem to agree who's job it was to fill them up!

Room Tip: I've stayed in several rooms, all seem to be the same.