“Great meal on a beautiful street in Mobile”
Review of Mama's On Dauphin

Mama's On Dauphin
Ranked #22 of 726 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed 22 November 2017

My wife and I found this place by chance on a movie outing to the Crescent one evening, we stopped in and advised our waitress of the need for something quick as we had about 30 minutes till show time. Well she fixed us right up, in and out in less that 30 and a great meal to boot.

Well we went back today with time to spare and it was worth the return trip. Waitress was first class and very gracious. I had the Big Burger ordered to medium rare, perfect is the best way to describe it, my wife had Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and gravy and a side of collards. When my wife says your collards are good, they are over the top good.

A great meal to go with a great movie, just can't beat that. Best of all, at I price that won't break the bank. Thank you ladies.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Mama's is lunch only. Open 11A to 2:30. Finding parking can be a challenge as this is downtown old Mobile. Meters are available here and there around the block. Often very tight spaces. All in all, Your best bet for instant seating is to be there at 11:01 as it opens. The closer it gets to Noon the tables fill up with local workers and you'd be looking at a variable wait.
Here for many years and still IMHO the Pinnacle of the "Southern Comfort Lunch".
Today found NO exception to what I've laid out above.. STILL.. Divine on so many levels. HIGHLY Recommended

1  Thank Jaded-Bird
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We were told we could find really good "home cooking" at Mama's, and it is true. We got chicken fried steak with white and/or brown gravy. There were lima beans and fried okra.... seafood, beef, and pork. If you're looking for diet food, this is probably not your restaurant. If you want something cooked the way your Grandma might have done it, give Mama's a try. They're only open until 2:00, but the wait to get in was not long at all, and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Great southern food. Today I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, purple butter beans, collard greens, cornbread and sweet tea...YUM! Everything I've had there has been spot on...po boys are delish, and the daily specials are unbeatable. Try it\...you'll like it!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

If massive portions of authentic southern cookin is what you are looking for, go to Mama's. The meatloaf lunch could actually serve two. Peas and cornbread make it right. Go there or you are missing out!

Been to Mama's On Dauphin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK