“Southern food at it's best!”
Review of Mama's On Dauphin

Mama's On Dauphin
Ranked #24 of 719 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Great southern food. Today I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, purple butter beans, collard greens, cornbread and sweet tea...YUM! Everything I've had there has been spot on...po boys are delish, and the daily specials are unbeatable. Try it\...you'll like it!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

If massive portions of authentic southern cookin is what you are looking for, go to Mama's. The meatloaf lunch could actually serve two. Peas and cornbread make it right. Go there or you are missing out!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Food portions are decent until its not; Quality is good until it is not.
Eat-in experience: The food was less than luke warm, chewy pork Chops, chicken was slightly under cooked and had no flavor and veggies on side were not warm. I didn't touch my place nearly and no one noticed..
To go: Ordered a French Dip. How can you go wrong, right? Well... Meat was sliced too thick so cold in the middle; cheese was on less than half of the bread, no Au Jus at all, so completely dry. And the FF portion? 10 small, skinny pieces. Not the thick, steak fries, the little ones. And the worst part is that complaining gets you a nice dose of sarcasm from staff. I'd say, if you feel like being adventurous, take your chances.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This restaurant is in the middle of downtown. There is a fair amount of seats inside. The staff was awesome and very friendly. The food came out quickly and was delicious. The prices were very reasonable and I would definitely recommend this to any visitor to the Mobile area.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Really busy place food is good, that day they fell behind in service. The place is only open for lunch so fast service is essential. We ordered our food and then waited for over 45 minutes, we then requested to have the items to go because my husbands lunch was over.
We then had to wait for that for 15 minutes more when we inquired about it, the waitress replied " I just got yelled at in the kitchen"..oh I am sorry but that is internal
information and your problem not the customers, so she continued to snapp at us so we left without getting anything to eat..

I understand when things do not go as planned but keep your internal problems, internal..
to their credit the first time we ate there the service and the food was good.

Been to Mama's On Dauphin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK