“I would absolutely no suggest it.”
Review of Mama's On Dauphin

Mama's On Dauphin
Ranked #22 of 726 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Food portions are decent until its not; Quality is good until it is not.
Eat-in experience: The food was less than luke warm, chewy pork Chops, chicken was slightly under cooked and had no flavor and veggies on side were not warm. I didn't touch my place nearly and no one noticed..
To go: Ordered a French Dip. How can you go wrong, right? Well... Meat was sliced too thick so cold in the middle; cheese was on less than half of the bread, no Au Jus at all, so completely dry. And the FF portion? 10 small, skinny pieces. Not the thick, steak fries, the little ones. And the worst part is that complaining gets you a nice dose of sarcasm from staff. I'd say, if you feel like being adventurous, take your chances.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

This restaurant is in the middle of downtown. There is a fair amount of seats inside. The staff was awesome and very friendly. The food came out quickly and was delicious. The prices were very reasonable and I would definitely recommend this to any visitor to the Mobile area.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Really busy place food is good, that day they fell behind in service. The place is only open for lunch so fast service is essential. We ordered our food and then waited for over 45 minutes, we then requested to have the items to go because my husbands lunch was over.
We then had to wait for that for 15 minutes more when we inquired about it, the waitress replied " I just got yelled at in the kitchen"..oh I am sorry but that is internal
information and your problem not the customers, so she continued to snapp at us so we left without getting anything to eat..

I understand when things do not go as planned but keep your internal problems, internal..
to their credit the first time we ate there the service and the food was good.

1  Thank MIna0018
Reviewed 28 March 2017

The food here is just as tasty as it looks, and the portions are HUGE! I ordered a1/2 Crawfish Po'boy, and the meat was just falling off of it. I had a hard time finishing my meal, but I didn't want to waste a bite! The wait staff is very friendly, and they were out of meatloaf by 12:30! It appeared that there are a lot of locals that eat here from surrounding businesses, and that we were the only tourists. Wish we would have had time to go back for a 2nd time!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

First things first....if you're driving, bring quarters for the parking meter. To truly enjoy Momma's you'll need $1.50 in quarters.
Now that your car is safe from parking tickets for 1.5 hrs you're good to go because you'll receive your food in less than 2 minutes. Great southern comfort food which I would recommend to anyone. Affordable, fast and attentive wait staff - I'll definitely be back.

Been to Mama's On Dauphin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK