“short staffed? Not the customers fault”
Review of Mama's On Dauphin

Mama's On Dauphin
Ranked #23 of 751 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Really busy place food is good, that day they fell behind in service. The place is only open for lunch so fast service is essential. We ordered our food and then waited for over 45 minutes, we then requested to have the items to go because my husbands lunch was over.
We then had to wait for that for 15 minutes more when we inquired about it, the waitress replied " I just got yelled at in the kitchen"..oh I am sorry but that is internal
information and your problem not the customers, so she continued to snapp at us so we left without getting anything to eat..

I understand when things do not go as planned but keep your internal problems, internal..
to their credit the first time we ate there the service and the food was good.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank MIna0018

Reviewed 28 March 2017

The food here is just as tasty as it looks, and the portions are HUGE! I ordered a1/2 Crawfish Po'boy, and the meat was just falling off of it. I had a hard time finishing my meal, but I didn't want to waste a bite! The wait staff is very friendly, and they were out of meatloaf by 12:30! It appeared that there are a lot of locals that eat here from surrounding businesses, and that we were the only tourists. Wish we would have had time to go back for a 2nd time!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 23 March 2017

First things first....if you're driving, bring quarters for the parking meter. To truly enjoy Momma's you'll need $1.50 in quarters.
Now that your car is safe from parking tickets for 1.5 hrs you're good to go because you'll receive your food in less than 2 minutes. Great southern comfort food which I would recommend to anyone. Affordable, fast and attentive wait staff - I'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Ate at Mama's for the first time during Mardi Gras. The food was delicious, and the service was very good for such a hectic time of the year. The fried chicken was perfect, the home cooked collard greens had the perfect amount of bacon grease. The mashed potatoes are homemade, also. The cornbread muffins were just sweet enough.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I ordered the red beans with sausage lunch special with sides. The beans tasted very bland but the rest of the food was good. Maybe it was the particular dish I ordered but I was underwhelmed with the food. A few of the people in my group of six also commented on how their food wasn't all that great. We were out of towners so maybe we aren't sued to the local cuisine? Glad I tried it though...

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Mama's On Dauphin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK