“Christmas lights”
Review of Hank Aaron Stadium

Hank Aaron Stadium
Ranked #19 of 76 things to do in Mobile
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

The Christmas lights were AWESOME!!! Matching the lights to the radio station made it extremely enjoyable. I wish more places had lights of this caliber. Extremely fun.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We saw the lights from the highway and wondered what it was. Decided to go check it out on our second night there. There were long lines and yes, you are asked to turn your lights down and tune the radio to their station. They also ask the in you have to stop, to pull to the side so others can keep going, many don't get this. The songs we did recognize but would have appreciated it more had they been traditional songs that all the family of all ages could sing along with. I loved the lights but I have a daughter (13) that after 5 minutes the lights really started to hurt her eyes. We could not just speed up and leave as you do follow one after another at walking speed and worse if someone stops for a long period in front of you. Might not be so pleasant either if you get the one behind you with that didn't turn their lights down or off and stays on your bumper regardless of who is in front of you.

1  Thank micia13
Reviewed 11 December 2016

My parents couldn't wait to experience Christmas Nights of Lights at the Hank they had heard so much of, they are 84 and 89 years young. We saw thousands of lights as we approached the entrance, tuned the radio to the station for the accompanying music, per signage, paid $18 for the three of us and turned my headlights down anticipating a wonderful experience. The lights were amazing, the first song I didn't recognize but had a lot of bass and was a hard rock song. The second song was pretty much the same thing, hard rock. We couldn't understand any of the words. We drove through for about 30 minutes, and we did not recognize one song. We heard no references to Christmas. After ten minutes I was ready to get out of there but I was stuck there in the line of cars. We finally made it out of there without any Christmas Spirit from this place. The music was terrible. Please change the music.

1  Thank coastalman1
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I love the traditions of Christmas. The displays and lights at the Hank are fabulous. The colors and variety of design were impressive. I loved the singing Santa's. Too cute. But even so I was a bit disappointed. I wish the designers would remember that there are other effects than strobe - maybe add fading, sliding, and other transitions. If strobe lights cause migraine or seizures don't go! And Christmas being a traditional holiday it would be nice to have some traditional music. The music was pretty good but with minimal relation to Christmas. It would be nice to have consideration for older people as well as the stimulation for youngsters.

1  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed 24 November 2016

It might be Thanksgiving, but the Christmas Night of Lights at the Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile was a hit for our family (older teens and beyond). They all loved the synchronized lights/music show. What cracks me up is that we are given very simple instructions going in: turn the radio to the right station, turn off headlights (just running lights), drive slow and enjoy... you'd think that wouldn't be difficult, but there were those who kept headlights on or turned them off completely, and those who finished in a 1/4 of the time you should. My kids said I shouldn't expect so much out of other humans. Regardless, we had a blast!

2  Thank jhunts5

Been to Hank Aaron Stadium? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK