Review Highlights
Great Baseball, Low Price Tickets

2A Mobile Bay Bears play professional baseball against equal rivals for very exciting baseball... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2018
Paul J
Good Family Night at the Ball Park

Visited The Hank with a group of friends & co-workers. This is a great location for a family outing... read more

Reviewed 15 September 2017

from US$ 15.00
from US$ 55.00
from US$ 23.87
More Info
All reviews childhood home minor league baseball on friday nights ball park family outing love baseball mobile bay bears concessions play kiddos interstate
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I love the traditions of Christmas. The displays and lights at the Hank are fabulous. The colors and variety of design were impressive. I loved the singing Santa's. Too cute. But even so I was a bit disappointed. I wish the designers would remember that there are other effects than strobe - maybe add fading, sliding, and other transitions. If strobe lights cause migraine or seizures don't go! And Christmas being a traditional holiday it would be nice to have some traditional music. The music was pretty good but with minimal relation to Christmas. It would be nice to have consideration for older people as well as the stimulation for youngsters.

1  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed 24 November 2016

It might be Thanksgiving, but the Christmas Night of Lights at the Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile was a hit for our family (older teens and beyond). They all loved the synchronized lights/music show. What cracks me up is that we are given very simple instructions going in: turn the radio to the right station, turn off headlights (just running lights), drive slow and enjoy... you'd think that wouldn't be difficult, but there were those who kept headlights on or turned them off completely, and those who finished in a 1/4 of the time you should. My kids said I shouldn't expect so much out of other humans. Regardless, we had a blast!

2  Thank jhunts5
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Hank Aaron Stadium used to be one of the best in AA. Sadly, the ownership has been in a tug of war with the city for several years. Seems the ownership has not paid rent in years but still wants to have the city pay for repairs. After a compromise was announced a couple of years ago, we had hopes. But, nothing changed. We had pretty much stopped going but went in July for Star Wars Night. We have been hitting a lot of the newer stadiums around the league and wanted to give Mobile another chance. We could just as well have stayed home.

The concessions are old and the choices are unimaginative. The seats are rundown. The contests lack any spirit or thought.

It is sad, because Mobile has always meant so much to baseball. It's the home of Hank Aaron. More major league ballplayers came from Mobile than any other comparable town. Even though we live in Mobile, I think we'll spend more time in Pensacola or Biloxi for games from now on.

1  Thank Ramblingman163
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

WOW!!!!!!!!!! This was fantastic!!! Fun ride through Hank Aaron Stadium parking lot for light show. Not sure who put it together but WOW IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!

1  Thank Dixiemusicman
Reviewed 9 November 2016

This is actually a review of the Hank Aaron Home at the stadium. It does take an effort to find out about the home and then actually get there. And you have to go to the stadium offices to pay and they open the house for your self-tour. But there is a lot of information about Hank Aaron. I liked the photos and explanations in the small wooden house that was his boyhood home. It had been moved from another location and then reassembled. All in all this was a nice piece of history. Hopefully there is some other monument or museum to Hank because he deserves a bit more.