“Christmas Nights of Lights at the Hank”
Review of Hank Aaron Stadium

Hank Aaron Stadium
Ranked #20 of 81 things to do in Mobile
Reviewed 11 December 2016

My parents couldn't wait to experience Christmas Nights of Lights at the Hank they had heard so much of, they are 84 and 89 years young. We saw thousands of lights as we approached the entrance, tuned the radio to the station for the accompanying music, per signage, paid $18 for the three of us and turned my headlights down anticipating a wonderful experience. The lights were amazing, the first song I didn't recognize but had a lot of bass and was a hard rock song. The second song was pretty much the same thing, hard rock. We couldn't understand any of the words. We drove through for about 30 minutes, and we did not recognize one song. We heard no references to Christmas. After ten minutes I was ready to get out of there but I was stuck there in the line of cars. We finally made it out of there without any Christmas Spirit from this place. The music was terrible. Please change the music.

1  Thank coastalman1
in 8 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I love the traditions of Christmas. The displays and lights at the Hank are fabulous. The colors and variety of design were impressive. I loved the singing Santa's. Too cute. But even so I was a bit disappointed. I wish the designers would remember that there are other effects than strobe - maybe add fading, sliding, and other transitions. If strobe lights cause migraine or seizures don't go! And Christmas being a traditional holiday it would be nice to have some traditional music. The music was pretty good but with minimal relation to Christmas. It would be nice to have consideration for older people as well as the stimulation for youngsters.

1  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed 24 November 2016

It might be Thanksgiving, but the Christmas Night of Lights at the Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile was a hit for our family (older teens and beyond). They all loved the synchronized lights/music show. What cracks me up is that we are given very simple instructions going in: turn the radio to the right station, turn off headlights (just running lights), drive slow and enjoy... you'd think that wouldn't be difficult, but there were those who kept headlights on or turned them off completely, and those who finished in a 1/4 of the time you should. My kids said I shouldn't expect so much out of other humans. Regardless, we had a blast!

2  Thank jhunts5
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Hank Aaron Stadium used to be one of the best in AA. Sadly, the ownership has been in a tug of war with the city for several years. Seems the ownership has not paid rent in years but still wants to have the city pay for repairs. After a compromise was announced a couple of years ago, we had hopes. But, nothing changed. We had pretty much stopped going but went in July for Star Wars Night. We have been hitting a lot of the newer stadiums around the league and wanted to give Mobile another chance. We could just as well have stayed home.

The concessions are old and the choices are unimaginative. The seats are rundown. The contests lack any spirit or thought.

It is sad, because Mobile has always meant so much to baseball. It's the home of Hank Aaron. More major league ballplayers came from Mobile than any other comparable town. Even though we live in Mobile, I think we'll spend more time in Pensacola or Biloxi for games from now on.

1  Thank Ramblingman163