“Hidden little secret ”

El Cerrito Mexican Grill
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Millbrook
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We had been on the road for 13 hours and we had an overnight stay in Prattville AL. We ask the front desk at Hampton Inn if there was a good Mexican Restaurant. She suggested El Cerrito's just a mile down the road. There were many other license plates from out of state so we not the only travelers there. Food was amazing along with fantastic frozen Margaritas!
There were 5 in our party and we tried everything from enchiladas, Tacos, Shrimp tacos, tacos salad and Tamales. We were all sampling each other's food (as a close family sometimes does) the only thing no one really likes was the Tamales. The rest of the food was amazing!!!! Best enchiladas I have had! Taco salad was yummy and the shrimp has this Cajun seasoning that was amazing. Salsa was irresistible. Would go again.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Always stop in Prattville on the way to beach. Great mexican restaurant. Enjoyed the food and drinks very much. Awesome service and attention to our table. Can't wait to return the next time to the beach.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We had a good meal. The food was plentiful. We had some to take home. Our only disapointment was that the green sauce on the food was light. Service was good. We had taco salad, enchiladas, and other stuff.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

So after reading a ton of great reviews I decided to we would have dinner here. I don't know if it was just an off night or what but unfortunately I did not have the same experience as everyone else.
The waiter was good, but he got our order right and checked on us, the timing was good.
The horchata was generic and not very good way to sweet for traditional horchata. The salsa was good but tasted old. The pastor was flavor was good but our tacos were cold, and the special diner and it was far from special!
The portions are huge and that would typically be awesome for left overs but because my food was unappetizing I didn't bring it home.
Now I won't say that all the reviews I've read are wrong I definitely see the potential here so I'll come try the buffet this week and give it another chance. I hope we just had an off night and I'd love to give them another review that's awesome.
I wouldn't say I won't recommend this restaurant because of all the great reviews I will say our experience wasn't great. This time anyway

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

My family and I love coming here for the lunch buffet on the weekends. Very good, very fresh food! In addition to the great Mexican food, you find chicken fingers, ribs and fresh fruit on the buffet, too. Service is always excellent and the staff is very friendly! We come here about 2-3 times a month and have never been disappointed! My teenage boys always leave here full and happy. Highly recommend it!