All reviews jonker walk nasi lemak family superior room kuih muih car park construction site next door free parking lot night market back alley clock tower fresh milk light sleeper within walking distance baba nyonya jonker area sized bed security guard
Reviewed 25 November 2016

The location was a bit further from the "Historic Centre" than I had thought but that was probably due to my poor research. The top end of Jonker Street can be quickly accessed from the hotel and it is then a 15 to 20 minute walk to the "Historic Centre".
The lobby was spacious but the lady receptionist, who was on her own, seemed flustered and later came to the room to ask for a few more Ringgit, claiming that she had undercharged us - as the amount was so small, I had not noticed it myself. After we had received the key we headed for the elevator but could not find it in the lobby - as its location was not obvious I would have thought she would have told us where it was when handing us the key or, at least, when she saw us looking in vain - but, no. I had to ask! The first example of poor customer service at this hotel! (you have to go through the doors and into the breakfast room)
The plug in the bathroom sink was stuck and could not be removed - when we told her she did arrange for someone to quickly come and fix it.
The WiFi in the room did not work on the first day and the same lady assured us that there was "no problem" but she would check - if she did check, she never came back to us with her findings! Miraculously, the following afternoon the WiFi worked perfectly, which makes me wonder about the statement of "no problem" on the previous day".
The same lady persuaded us to buy breakfast vouchers and had assured me that there were Western choices but all there was were toast butter and jam of unidentifiable taste! - not even knives to take to the table, so spreading had to be done at the buffet table and using the knives used for serving the jam from the pots. I love Asian food but not for breakfast and there were not even any fried eggs! The staff seemed to work hard to wash and replace the cutlery and crockery and replenish the food items but they never seemed to be on top of it. On one morning the breakfast room was awash with water from the overnight rains.
On our only full day the room had not been made up, despite the sign on the door, when we came back at 4.30 - I immediately phoned the lady at reception and she said someone would be along to do it - when we went out again at 5.30 I spoke to the
lady in the lobby and she seemed to have difficulty in recalling my call just an hour previously It was at this point that my friend, who rarely complains or criticizes, said to me, "This is a terrible hotel" - the room had been made up by the time we returned for bed but I suspect that it would not have been done at all if I had not complained.
The lady receptionist on night duty was friendly and efficient but the security guard was grumpy and impolite.
The room, itself, was a bit on the small side but it was adequate and I liked the rain shower and standard shower.

I do not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trav53
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Very clean and tidy with comfortable bed and nice showers. Free wifi is a bonus. The highlight for my partner was the message parlour on the third floor. Breakfast in the hotel was very cheap and the coconut rice was awesome.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

+ clean, spacious room & bathroom, nice breakfast esp the Nasi Lemak
- corner tiles near toilet & inside the toilet a bit sharp due to poor workmanship. Limited car park space.

Overall, a good hotel. I booked a family superior room with my 2 little monsters. Will certainly come back as it is just at the back of Jonker street.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

It was a great stay for a night. Fantastic location with free parking, rooms were clean. I'm impressed that there was a mini bar and hair dryer provided which you don't see in most boutique hotels. The lobby has a fantastic massage chair that costs only RM 5 for a 25min massage. Overall extremely good value for money. Would definitely come again

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2016

Clean, comfortable hotel to stay when visiting Melaka. Fantastic location to get around city. Back exit of hotel literally gets you on to Jonker Street. Friendly reception staff. Booked superior room that was quite basic but perfectly adequate for the time we were there. Didn't eat in hotel as local cafe did a fantastic breakfast for RM 14. Very quiet whilst there. Also if going to night market on Jonker, it's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We made mistake and didn't know that but shops were open until early evening during the week.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple